Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ran OUT o gas......  (Read 1658 times)

SiC

• Old Timer
Ran OUT o gas......
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »

Headed towards Waco this weekend when i had to switch to reserve. No biggie...just forgot that the last time i filled up i didn't  really "fill" it up, i just put in a few bucks. I knew of a gas station not to far down the road , it  would be  a close call but  i would make it.  Pulled up to the store and there's the big CLOSED and For Sale sign hanging up. :o  Next gas station was about 6 miles,  and of course i had just enough gas to get 4 miles :'(    Coasted onto the shoulder bone dry with about 2 miles of walking left.  I didn't have my helmet off before a kid pulled up behind me to see if i ran out of gas. :)   I was on the side of the road right at 10 minutes while this 17-20 y/o ran up to the next gas station, bought a gas can and got 2 gallons of gas.  I made sure to cover his cost and  then some even though he said not to worry about it. Thanked him and gave him some of my CMA goodies i carry on the bike , talked motorcycles a bit and then off i went.  Turned out about as well as running out of gas could... O0

SiC
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:57:35 PM by SiC »
I had 1 Billion Posts on the old site.......

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Ran OUT o gas......
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »

It's nice to know there are good people out there that will still help in a time of need.   O0  Glad to hear you made it okay.  Now, go fill up.   ;D

WILD E

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:11:59 PM »

Several years ago I ran out of gas and an older man stopped and helped me out , I offered to pay him for his trouble but he refused the money and just ask me to help the next person I see broke down on the side of the road. This made such an impression on me ,to this day after helping someone  on the road I tell them the same thing .
03 1800 VTX RS BLACK
New Braunfels

txvtxrider

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:12:58 PM »

The Good Lord allows neat opportunities like that in our lives for a reason...glad that ya got some gas and got to speak with the guy for awhile.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:15:14 PM »

Yeah Scott I bet you will be putting more gas in the tank for now on!!   ;D ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

txvtxrider

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

Several years ago I ran out of gas and an older man stopped and helped me out , I offered to pay him for his trouble but he refused the money and just ask me to help the next person I see broke down on the side of the road. This made such an impression on me ,to this day after helping someone  on the road I tell them the same thing .
That reminds of a Clay Walker song that talks about something along those same lines...a lady had a flat and this ol boy pulled over and changed her tire and he told her not to pay him so she stopped in for a bite to eat and left a $100 tip to a pregnant waitress who ended being the wife of the ol boy who stopped to change the tire...real neat stuff...makes me smile to know that there are still great folks in this world...many of whom are on this board!

SiC

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »

Yeah Scott I bet you will be putting more gas in the tank for now on!!   ;D ;D

I filled up twice on the way home.... ;D Just to be sure......

SiC

LianeM1178

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »

See there are still good people in this world!

tejasx

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:13 PM »

Hey Sic, been trying to hook up with a local chapter of CMA for a while now, I emailed someone thru the national website a week ago and got no response, how can I find a local chapter to meet with?

SiC

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

Hey Sic, been trying to hook up with a local chapter of CMA for a while now, I emailed someone thru the national website a week ago and got no response, how can I find a local chapter to meet with?

Nationals always slow. Mostly because they get about 500 spam emails a day >:( Just let me know where ya live and i'll find the information for you..

SiC

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 06:28:59 PM »

Boy... you lucked out big-time.....   ;D ;D ;D

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 06:53:31 PM »

I ran out of gas a few weeks ago and was pushing it about 1/4 mile to a gas station when a young guy in a suit pulled over to help. I told him there was no need for him to get dirty and sweaty and thanked him for the thought. Then, when I was still a block or so away, he came walking up with a can of gas. I was impressed....gave him all the cash I had.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »

Like the Reverend Johnny Hunt in Woodstock, GA. says "I never missed anything I gave away". I heard him at a Texas Baptist Convention a few years back. I really like that saying and try and remember it when the opportunity arrives.

txvtxrider

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 05:52:18 AM »

yeah ol Johnny Hunt is a great ol preacher...got a great church down there in Georgia...what convention were you at? 

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 08:00:10 AM »

Just curious how many miles did you get on reserve?

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal