Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: BlueBonnet Thunder Rally  (Read 14460 times)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: BlueBonnet Thunder Rally
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 05:09:15 PM »

Anyone hunting a room...
Fredrick Motel
1308 E. Main St.
800-996-6050
65-69 for a room.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

Snake is there a Jacuzi?? God I hope not ;D ;D

bockshot

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 07:43:14 AM »

all thats left @ the Fredrick is a room with 2 beds, so I reserved one for 5/18 and & 5/19, anybody want to split the cost?

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »

Went through Hamilton this weekend. Didn't have a lot of time to search around, but I found a couple of places we could meet.

One is called "Storms", it's a burger joint on Highway 36. Some outdoor seating and a place out front to park the bikes.

The other was a mexican food restaurant next door to the Western Inn on Highway 281 south of town. Forgot the name but it's easy to find.

There's no beer served at either one, but the burgers at Storms weren't half bad.

It's definitely 2 1/2 hours from Fredericksburg. I went by way of Farm Road 2005 to Goldthwaite, then south on 16 to Fredericksburg, (definitely the better ride), and came back by way of 281. If you can get about 130 miles without refueling, you can go non-stop.

My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007, 09:46:48 AM »

Went through Hamilton this weekend. Didn't have a lot of time to search around, but I found a couple of places we could meet.

One is called "Storms", it's a burger joint on Highway 36. Some outdoor seating and a place out front to park the bikes.

The other was a mexican food restaurant next door to the Western Inn on Highway 281 south of town. Forgot the name but it's easy to find.

There's no beer served at either one, but the burgers at Storms weren't half bad.

It's definitely 2 1/2 hours from Fredericksburg. I went by way of Farm Road 2005 to Goldthwaite, then south on 16 to Fredericksburg, (definitely the better ride), and came back by way of 281. If you can get about 130 miles without refueling, you can go non-stop.

Kool O0 O0 I or we can do either place  O0 Good job Hobo. More than likely we'll be riding 22 to Hamilton, if not, so what. So we're talkin a KSU at 12:30 ther to be in Fredericksburg by basically around 3? If we drag our Cranberries's will be by 5 anyway? Damn it I'm ready to run!!! O0 O0 O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »

Kool O0 O0 I or we can do either place  O0 Good job Hobo. More than likely we'll be riding 22 to Hamilton, if not, so what. So we're talkin a KSU at 12:30 ther to be in Fredericksburg by basically around 3? If we drag our Cranberries's will be by 5 anyway? Damn it I'm ready to run!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

The ride on Farm Road 2005 From Hamilton to Goldthwaite is a blast, and the ride down Highway 16 to Fredericksburg is much nicer than 281, (which is pretty much straight highway). It's 127 miles taking 16 and 134 miles taking 281 so there's not that much difference.

By the way, Hooter, from Hillsboro I took Highway 22 to 219, (about 6 miles past the Whitney Dam), through Clifton and back to Highway 22 in Cranfills Gap. Great way to get to Hamilton. Very scenic and twisty... :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 03:46:41 PM by hobo »

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »

Appreciate the "scouting" report Mike! Alll, RD had the "afternoon" ride Thursday planned for three from the campground, so those that wanted to check into their rooms and unload gear to be unencumbered for the "afternooner" would need to ksu from Hamilton about 12 at the latest. Some may have already had plenty of riding getting down there...I know it'll take about 5 to 5 1/2 hours for me to get to Hamilton, I figure, then the ride south. I'll hafta feel pretty good to leave the motel room to ride some more, but I've done it before. ;D
Chad, if this sounds right to you... let me know. That would put us needing to be in Hamilton by 1130 to eat something, or we could stop to eat at that place in San Saba about 1230 - 1 pm or so. I know the food is good there. Either way. That would put me coming through to pick up ya'll in Cumby about 8:30.  I could get there earlier if need be... the bigger the group, the more bladder stops needed, more time needed, LOL! :o We don't need any back teeth floating, or someone towards the rear wondering if a radiator sprung a leak. ::) Other than that...I'm good to go, fillup to fillup. After I leave home I'll stop and fill up just before I get to Cumby so we don't have to stop afterwards again till Hillsboro or so.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:46 AM »

I'm with you Snake, I think once I get to the motel I'll be ready to get off for awhile and join Hooter in beer thirty! See you & Chad in Hamilton!

Muff

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 01:39:32 PM »

You aren't coming with us Muffy?
     420! Yeah, baby!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »

Over the weekend talked to Hangman, Minicop about meeting up in Hamilton and riding with a larger group and they said sounded good to them!! Could possibly be another Xer going ( Torque) but with him it will have to get super great riding weather!!  ;D ;D lol Was looking at the map about going towards Hamillton if we took 31 over to Corsicana and the to Hamilton. Any thoughts Snake?? 8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 05:07:20 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

The ride on Farm Road 2005 From Hamilton to Goldthwaite is a blast, and the ride down Highway 16 to Fredericksburg is much nicer than 281, (which is pretty much straight highway). It's 127 miles taking 16 and 134 miles taking 281 so there's not that much difference.

By the way, Hooter, from Hillsboro I took Highway 22 to 218, (about 6 miles past the Whitney Dam), through Clifton and back to Highway 22 in Cranfills Gap. Great way to get to Hamilton. Very scenic and twisty... :)

Hobo, I had the pleasure of a ride on the 219 loop under 22 this weekend for what seemed to be the most spectacular show of wild flowers I have seen in my 64, especially the bluebonnets.  the bluebonnets still had the white tips showing which means they will be there a little while longer.  There were other roads that were great also, but 219 to me was by far the best.  I didn't get a chance to ride 218 though. O0
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder Rally
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:54 PM »

Hobo, I had the pleasure of a ride on the 219 loop under 22 this weekend for what seemed to be the most spectacular show of wild flowers I have seen in my 64, especially the bluebonnets.  the bluebonnets still had the white tips showing which means they will be there a little while longer.  There were other roads that were great also, but 219 to me was by far the best.  I didn't get a chance to ride 218 though. O0

Oops. I don't know what made me type 218. Actually, I was talking about 219... :)

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »

You aren't coming with us Muffy?

What makes you think I aint comin?

Muff

hooter

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »

Appreciate the "scouting" report Mike! Alll, RD had the "afternoon" ride Thursday planned for three from the campground, so those that wanted to check into their rooms and unload gear to be unencumbered for the "afternooner" would need to ksu from Hamilton about 12 at the latest. Some may have already had plenty of riding getting down there...I know it'll take about 5 to 5 1/2 hours for me to get to Hamilton, I figure, then the ride south. I'll hafta feel pretty good to leave the motel room to ride some more, but I've done it before. ;D
Chad, if this sounds right to you... let me know. That would put us needing to be in Hamilton by 1130 to eat something, or we could stop to eat at that place in San Saba about 1230 - 1 pm or so. I know the food is good there. Either way. That would put me coming through to pick up ya'll in Cumby about 8:30.  I could get there earlier if need be... the bigger the group, the more bladder stops needed, more time needed, LOL! :o We don't need any back teeth floating, or someone towards the rear wondering if a radiator sprung a leak. ::) Other than that...I'm good to go, fillup to fillup. After I leave home I'll stop and fill up just before I get to Cumby so we don't have to stop afterwards again till Hillsboro or so.

If y'all are rolling 22 thru Hillsboro?, then I'll meet ya there.

hooter

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:41 PM »

By the way, Hooter, from Hillsboro I took Highway 22 to 219, (about 6 miles past the Whitney Dam), through Clifton and back to Highway 22 in Cranfills Gap. Great way to get to Hamilton. Very scenic and twisty... :)

Have wanted to make 219 just never have. Always had to meet folks in Meridiean before head'n south on 281. Will make the 219 this time for sure.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal