Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Texas Home Owners & the homestead tax cap .....VOTE  (Read 1759 times)

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
Re: Texas Home Owners & the homestead tax cap .....VOTE
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »

Well I went and paid my $380 in property taxes, had no problem. See living in the middle of nowhere does have it advantages. It ain't much, but it is my castle.  O0

Hell, $380 doesn't cover ONE MONTH of just my Round Rock school taxes, never mind the other six tax districts I am in. And by the way, the Robin Hood (worst idea the State could have come with)  provision means that some of my money gets siphoned off to pay for school districts far, far away.... See why I get on the stump from time to time?  >:(

Jeff, Stumpin' is good.

I agree that a school tax based on property value is unfair.  Also, it is my belief that educating American children is the responsibility of everyone working and living in America.

I would be in favor of a Federal Transaction School Tax which would be allocated to school districts based strictly on head count at the social security number level and not to exceed a 13 year payout per social security number.  This tax would be collected on any and all transactions of value at the point of the transaction without exception of any kind.

With the computer technology that exists today it would be easy to collect and allocate the funds as well as monitor the student social security number database.

Of course this may require changing American’s present focus on sports to that of learning how to read, write, and balance a check book.

What do ya think?

**********************************************************************************************

Please take a look at this article: http://www.texasinsider.org/scoop/Scoop_JWentworth-04-23-07-PropertyTaxReliefForSeniorsWithYesVote.htm

********************************************************************************************

Another important article:

Record votes approved at last

From staff reports
The Herald-Zeitung   

Published April 18, 2007

The battle to force Texas lawmakers votes on the final passage of all bills will go to the state’s voters thanks to a 142-0 vote on Tuesday in the Legislature.

Media organizations, including the Texas Daily Newspaper Association pushed for measure. The vote Monday passed a compromise that will see the final votes recorded, although votes during the debate wouldn’t be subject to a record.

Currently, it’s possible for proposed laws in Texas to be passed or rejected by voice vote. Any member of the Texas Legislature can request a record vote on second reading and record votes are required on third reading because of internal rules. However, much important legislation is passed with a simple voice vote, providing constituents little or no record of that vote.

The Legislature’s decision to send the measure to voters as a constitutional amendment signals a victory for open government advocates. It signals an important step for Texans, who will be able to see how their representatives voted on the laws of the state.

The Senate still has to ratify the proposal before it goes before the state’s voters in November. However, that should be a formality as the Senate unanimously backed the plan during the 2005 session, when the Texas House failed to give the issue a hearing.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:59:33 AM by Quick-Silver »
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
Re: Texas Home Owners & the homestead tax cap .....VOTE
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

Read up on the Fair Tax plan and write your state and federal representatives. Demand that those running for office in the future support it.

www.fairtax.org

Don't try and tell me it won't work unless you have read the book.
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal