Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFW'ers Severe Weather  (Read 970 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
DFW'ers Severe Weather
« on: April 14, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »

I hope everyone survived the weather that came thru there yesterday evening. I am out here at the motor speedway and we had minimual rain and wind. I know the area was hit pretty hard so hope all is well..........
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Re: DFW'ers Severe Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

Yeah me too, I heard there were tornados and last week snow this is crazy.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:19:52 PM »

Like today is windy (25 to 35 gusty) and 48 degrees now. Let's have a discussion on Global warming.  :-\ :-\ ;D O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »

On the way to the swap meet I seen the roof was gone on the hotel I believe it was at Jim Miller and I30.

tejasx

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »

We were at a bnaquet in Irving, the evacuated the hotel and put us all in the center of the buidlign, just a precaution, it blew over with a small amout of hail.

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 08:33:08 PM »

Just got word today, one of our local golfers ,lady, that comes to Weatherford from Haltom City to play golf on the weekends, and a friendly game of poker Saturday nights, her house got blown away with her inside........ :'(

solitary-man

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 12:05:19 AM »

Guess Mother nature is adding to the old saying, If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 30 minetes and it will change. We had tornado last year without warning so I know how it is. Hope everyone is alright and safe.  O0

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 03:52:16 AM »

Guess Mother nature is adding to the old saying, If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 30 minetes and it will change. We had tornado last year without warning so I know how it is. Hope everyone is alright and safe.  O0

Y'all always seem to get all goofy weather between Whitcha Falls west to Amarillo on the 287 line.  :D :D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

JamesC

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

all three cars got Texas-texturized with some falling frozen rocks. Punch a hole in the back window big enough to put my fist through (one of six total) and slid right through the convertible top on the Miata like it was butter, leaving a baseball-sized hailstone in the front seat and the plastic back window with a softball sized opening..

It went on for about 8-10 minutes, nothing smaller than golfballs. There are dents in the back yard from the stones.

The tornado slipped about 3 miles SW of us down 183. We were under the northern end of the wall cloud and we could see the lowering of the cloud, but could not see the actually tornado from our vantage point.

Interestingly enough we got almost no rain and very little wind. While the wall cloud was directly overhead I could see the cloud base spinning, figuring it would drop something out at any second. The sirens down the street were singing and it was eerily calm, virtually no wind.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal