Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Municipal Fitness Centers for citizens too  (Read 523 times)

Dusty

Municipal Fitness Centers for citizens too
« on: April 10, 2007, 05:55:56 AM »

This isn't directly related to motorcycles but to those who need access to a fitness centers, whether for exercise or physical therapy, this legislation, presented by State Representative Joe Deshotel, if passed would make all municipal fitness centers in the state of Texas accessible to municipal employees ONLY.
This may seem petty until you think of all the people that have had some type of surgery/accident and are in need of an affordable place to get therapy/exercise to aid in their continued healing/recovery.

My sister, who has had knee and hip replacement uses one of these centers so that she can have access to the water aerobics classes held there. This helps her because it's affordable and otherwise she would not have access to therapy. I realise not all cities have one of these, but last time I checked, municipal meant city and I'm pretty sure our tax dollars built and maintain them. I for one don't feel like paying for the city employees to have a fitness center, exclusively for them.  :(

Please take two minutes to sign the petition and keep these centers available to the public who they were built for in the first place.  O0  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/354264470   O0

Besides, my big sister started the petition and threatened to whip my butt if I didn't help. She's the one with the new knee and hip and could probably take me out.  ;)

Bill
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:51:48 AM by Dusty »

solitary-man

Re: Municipal Fitness Centers or City employee perk?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »

Municipal fitness center? Only way our city would have one is they made money on it, and still wouldn't let city employes in.

Dusty

Re: Municipal Fitness Centers or City employee perk?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »

Municipal fitness center? Only way our city would have one is they made money on it, and still wouldn't let city employes in.

Well, to be honest, we don't have one either. The closest thing to it is the high school has a weight room that they open to the public after hours on certain days.

I wouldn't be opposed to a fee to cover the cost of someone watching over it and locking up at closing time but to ban the public from a city building is just wrong in my opinion. It should be there fore anyone that can show proof that they live in that city.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: Municipal Fitness Centers for citizens too
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 09:19:21 AM »

State Rep. intro of a bill would effect the state not just a city? ??? ??? ??? If you don't have one , it might get built soon..
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal