Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bluebonnet's, Snow & Family  (Read 655 times)

Boogie

• Master Tejano Rider
  • GULF OF MEXICO
Bluebonnet's, Snow & Family
« on: April 09, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »

Myself and the family took a an Easter vacation to Glen Rose, Texas this past weekend. No we took the car because I'm the only one with a VTX, but anyway we had a great time. On Friday we went to Fossil Rim Park. The animal's must have know something was up with the weather because about all we saw were different species of deer. Everything else seemed to be in hiding, except for the captive animals in the small fenced in area's.

That was $117 I'll never see again. (5 people)

We rented a great little cottage on the Paluxy (sp) River.
www.barnardriverhouse.com
(100 year old house, with antique furnishings.)
I highly reccomend it.

On Saturday I woke up around 8 a.m. and to my surprise it was snowing.
It continued to snow all day. My 2 boy's had a great time hitting each other up side the head with snow ball's. That's not something we get to do much on the Gulf Coast.
 I was on the front porch about the time of the heaviest snow fall as this red (maroon) VTX 1800 came crusing by, the rider was really wanting to ride I guess.
I wondered who this guy was, are you on our board?
He was riding West on Barnard Street.

That night we ended up at a bowling alley in Grandbury, What a great city. I think we'll make a special trip there in the future.

On the way home we traveled down Hwy 35 to Austin, we passed through Temple, Belton and Salado. We had never actually been to these cities, seems like very nice town's. The last time I was in Temple was around 1965, My dad had to go there to pick up a new set of false teeth,  :-\

Temple is now a really big city. I would love to visit some of the Lakes in this area. Temple must have gotten even more snow than Glen Rose because on the way home on Sunday, snow was still on the ground and roof top's.

All in all I had a great Easter with my family and I hope all of you had a great Easter as well.

Boogie
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:39:13 PM by Boogie »
                      Native Texan, I ride a steel horse

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
Re: Bluebonnet's, Snow & Family
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

they are nice towns, come up sometimes and i will take ya bass fishing on stillhouse, been catching some gooduns lately, a buddy of mine has already had one over 11 and another over10 O0 8)
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

txvtxrider

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:02:40 AM »

Hey boogie you remember a few Christmas's back 2004 maybe when there was a bunch of snow on the ground around there.  I had come home(Hitchcock) for the holidays and was just so excited to see snow on the Gulf Coast just hated the fact that for 25 yrs prior to that I really never saw that much on the ground until then down there.  Had to move to Dallas in '03 to actually see some snow once a year.  That ride looks pretty cool and would love to get back down there for something like that!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »

The snow here in Amarillo didn't amount to much because the ground was warm. It fell for two days,covered the grass thats about it. I'm ready for summer.We are starting the thunder storm season. 

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal