Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Powder Puff ride April 15  (Read 1188 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Powder Puff ride April 15
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:29:35 PM »

ok girls here are the details, it's about 160 miles roundtrip almost all back roads. I took a trial run on Friday to work out some of the details. It's going to be a great ride. The weather for Sunday is supposed to be in the 70's

Spring Powder Puff All Girl Ride

No Ice houses here, but plenty of back roads, twistys and bluebonnets

When: Sunday, April 15, 2007

Meet: for breakfast at Harris County Smokehouse 9:45
14243 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
281-351-4060
http://www.harriscountysmokehouse.com/contactus.html

Kickstands up at 10:30

We are taking the scenic route to The Antique Rose Emporium in Independence TX. The Garden will be in full bloom. http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

We will also stop for a late lunch

Tee shirts available at http://www.cafepress.com/marigoldsplace.114246809

There is no fee or registration for this ride just post, call, e-mail, or pm Myself or Marigold so we have an idea of how many

Rain date Saturday April 21, 2007

This ride is also listed under South/Southeast Rides

Hope you can make it

Sherri
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:14:48 PM by sherri »

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

figowitz

• Tejano
Re: Powder Puff ride April 15
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »

Are ya'll gonna stop along the way and have a tickle fight???

I'm sorry, VTX ladies, I just couldn't resist!!!   :D

(I may hide in the bushes and watch ya'll roar by.  Beauties on beautiful bikes.  Nowhere else but Texas!!!)

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »

I think I've figured this out.

April 15th all the ladies ride so there is no one there to sign the check for the IRS bill. Everybody knows the ladies write all the checks.

GREAT IDEA!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:24:07 AM »

I copied this from another post. If you get a minute give her a hollar.

Sherri

Ladies,........A new Female rider that was so looking forward to meeting you and riding with you this coming Sunday for the "Powder Puff", has gone down. Below is the letter and request I sent to TWT........Please read
Brand New female rider just starting out her riding with all the excitement of a "Kid at recess"........Has gone down,.........
 Leaving PO's Tuesday evening bike night. Leslie made it all the way across town to get within walking distance of her home, only to have a young kid pull out from a parking lot and clip her rear saddle bag, throwing her off her brand new BMW 650. She thankfully had all her riding gear on, but she still managed to dislocate her left shoulder, and fractured her distal arm where it meets the wrist. The break is bad enough to require surgery tomorrow or the next day........
Leslie has been so excited with learning to ride and meeting new people of TWT. She has about 1800 miles riding time on her belt, and was doing very good,  and was having so much fun, she actually went out and bought her second motorcycle, a really nice Honda Magna. She was even scheduled to meet up with the Girls to do the female only Powder Puff ride this coming Sunday, She was so looking forward to meeting some new friends............Well that won't be happening.
As I was leaving the emergency room at 3:00AM, she said she was scared and wasn't sure if motorcycles were right for her. She was doing everything right, but was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I tried to reassure her that everything would be alright, that it wasn't her fault, and that to not give up.
I know alot of you haven't met her yet, and some of you have,....Here's the favor I'd like to ask of you guy's.........Take a second today and give her a quick call and introduce yourself and give her some "Needed" words of encouragement. She needs to know this is a great sport, and to not give up on it.
She's at Ben Taub Hospital...713-873-2200....Leslie Barnard......as of 3:30 AM she still didn't have a room assigned to her. So please ask admitting for her room # and Cheer her up with a big Hi.........

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:40:56 AM »

I certainly hope she gets better. I will try and call her even though she will not know who I am. She is a rider and deserves all the best.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

Her spirits seems better than mine would be...under the circumstances! Her shoulder has been returned to it's pre-wreck position and the wrist will soon be recieving the "metallica" treatment. I never would have known from the sound of her voice that she was even in a wreck. Brave woman.! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:21:59 AM »

I spoke to her yesterday too. She did sound good all things considered. She sounded most upset withthe inconvenience of it all and that she won't be able to ride for about 6 weeks. I told her she was welcome to drive her car to a M&G that we all do at one time or another, rretty sure she will.  I know at least 4 Xriders have called her.

Sherri

cyberchick

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 08:29:14 AM »

Sherri, I'm not sure if I'll make it. I told you we sent my seat off to get redone, right? Well, it won't be done til Monday. :( Bummer! BUT - Steve is going to take me out Saturday and let me get a feel for his bike. If I feel like I can handle it no problem - I'll come. But that's a long ride on a bike I'm not familiar with so if I'm even somewhat iffy, I'm not gonna come. :( It stinks b/c this was my scheduled work weekend and I got it off and everything. but wasn't thinking when we sent my seat off when we did - about the timing of it. Bummer! I'll let you guys (gals!) know. I miss seeing everyone! It seems I'm always working on a wednesday these days!
Well behaved women rarely make history

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 08:31:25 AM »

We already have several girls going. There are variety of bike that will be there, we already have; several VTX's of course and a few Shadows, a Harely and a Suzuki, at least on Ridley probably more, and a Trike. There may be a Warrior too, not sure yet.  :)

Sherri

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal