Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1/4 Mile time  (Read 674 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
1/4 Mile time
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:21:20 PM »

I did a quarter mile today in about 40 minutes! (Including breaks).... >:(

At least I didn't have to push it uphill. Now I know how far I can go between gas pumps... ;)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Dusty

Re: 1/4 Mile time
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »

I did a quarter mile today in about 40 minutes! (Including breaks).... >:(

At least I didn't have to push it uphill. Now I know how far I can go between gas pumps... ;)

That sux, but it's still funny. Were you just waiting to see a certain cashier?  ;D How many cages and bikers passed you by while you were pushing?

I was recently riding to get all the gas I could out of the tank so I could pull it to search for a rattle and finish up some wireing I had done. I came to a red light and right before I stopped I applied the front brake, the bike rocked forward as it stopped and then died. Luckily it started back up and made it to the house. I sure would have felt stupid if it wouldn't have started since I was sitting in front of 2 gas stations when it died.

I guess the pick up tube isn't in the bottom of the tank with any trash that may have collected there.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 04:40:48 AM »

Got about 100 yards when a cager pulled over and asked if there was anything he could do. Since I could see the Exxon station at the corner of the next exit, I thanked him for stopping and told him I would get it there eventually. He was wearing a suit and there was no need for him to help push.

I was less than a block away when he walked back up with a small can of gas, but by that time I appreciated it.... :)
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 06:11:08 AM »

Got about 100 yards when a cager pulled over and asked if there was anything he could do. Since I could see the Exxon station at the corner of the next exit, I thanked him for stopping and told him I would get it there eventually. He was wearing a suit and there was no need for him to help push.

I was less than a block away when he walked back up with a small can of gas, but by that time I appreciated it.... :)

I guess that goes to prove there is hope for some people.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal