Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: stock tires for 1300 C  (Read 2738 times)

txvtxrider

stock tires for 1300 C
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »

What size are the stock Dunlops on a 1300 C?

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music

txvtxrider

Re: stock tires for 1300 C
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:55:35 AM »

Thanks, I was looking at a set of Metzeler's on HDL and that was the size I was looking at but wasn't quite sure right off.  Any dealers in the area keep the Met's in stock?

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »

I looked around the DFW area for anyone carrying stock Metzlers for any model VTX and didn't find a one. If you find one, be sure and let me know. That would come in handy.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:03:56 AM »

I looked around the DFW area for anyone carrying stock Metzlers for any model VTX and didn't find a one. If you find one, be sure and let me know. That would come in handy.

Maxim in Allen carries them but they think highly of them.   >:(  You're better to find them online.   O0

txvtxrider

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »

HDL pretty quick in delivery as far as tires go?  That looks to be the route that I will be taking.  A set for 236.08...thought that was half-way decent I guess!  The haul them over in my truck and get em mounted on somewhere locally, prolly there in GBC.

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »

HDL pretty quick in delivery as far as tires go?  That looks to be the route that I will be taking.  A set for 236.08...thought that was half-way decent I guess!  The haul them over in my truck and get em mounted on somewhere locally, prolly there in GBC.

You would be smart to call HDL and see what they can do. There was a tire shortage a few months back.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

I put a set of Avon Venom's on my bike went with the 200 in the back and stock size up front.Love em
Alvin,Texas

txvtxrider

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 06:29:59 AM »

Did you have to make any mod's to the bike to get the 200's on?

VTXDEMON

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 06:55:30 AM »

Did you have to make any mod's to the bike to get the 200's on?

if you have an 1800, the rear wheel will fit a 200 rear tire, you will need to trim out the inner fender braket just a little, for the 1300 they also have a 200 rear tire but is not as wide as the 1800 size...  if you have a 1300, I suggest getting a 1800 rear wheel, rotor, and caliper and them make the switch to the 200.. you will love the looks of the bigger tire and the improved brakes...  I did and I had no regreats... just be carefull cause going bigger is an addiction, I ended up with a 240 rear kit soon after...

txvtxrider

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »

I am going to go with the stock Dunlop tires as my new set of wheels...I know that mileage wise I'll be getting somewhere around 8000 miles but that gives me time to contemplate the darkside or stay in the light for a better set.  The tires are gonna run me 143.92 +tax...depending on the cost of mounting and balancing, may do that there as well.  Thanks for the help to all!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

I am going to go with the stock Dunlop tires as my new set of wheels...I know that mileage wise I'll be getting somewhere around 8000 miles but that gives me time to contemplate the darkside or stay in the light for a better set.  The tires are gonna run me 143.92 +tax...depending on the cost of mounting and balancing, may do that there as well.  Thanks for the help to all!

David-- Get away from them damn Dunnie's. Agreed, we all try to get out at the cheepest price but you need to check HDL and get a set of Metzler 880's. I've never run any but have talked to and seen alot of guys over in your end of the world that run'em and swear by Metz. My next set will be, not because I don't like my Avons, which I truely love'm but the price is cheeper and talk has it they will handle as good and give a little longer service. Your rideing and road conditions over there are mostly back county road, coarse asphalt, twisty and a little windy. Use the air guage I gave ya no matter what you get but sure feel you'd be happier with something other than Dunlops. I'm off my soap box now
AL
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

txvtxrider

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 01:56:41 PM »

I've looked at the Metz on HDL and was really close to getting them...but I NEED the tires now...running on slicks which is no bueno.  That will be my next set the 880's that is, I promise daddy!! hahahaha  Hope your Easter was great...gonna get the tires today so that I can get back on the road.  I want the MEtz's though, dont get me wrong, and will get them for my next set this fall, I'm sure.  Thanks for looking out for me, still wanna get that seat mod done when ya have some time...need to check out your neck of the woods anyways.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:15:04 AM »

I'm hopin my seat will be in this week and if so will try to do the mod soon. I'll let ya know
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:52:49 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:08 AM »

I did not change the rear rim did not want to go through all that and went with the biggest tire I could get without the mods have done enough already at least the wife says so lol.A new bike may be in the works soon anyway so am about done with the mods.
Alvin,Texas
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal