Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: speedometer is on crack  (Read 2668 times)

TTHA33

speedometer is on crack
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »

I have an 05 1300C with about 5000 miles.  I started having a problem a couple weeks ago, I noticed that while running down the road, the speedometer would start to  float around.  Slowly drop to 0 and then back up to however fast I was going a few times and then would stop.  Now today it started doing it and the bike started to cut out as well while it was doing it.  Speedometer would stop floating around the the bike would run fine.  Then do it all over again.  Stopped and filled it up with gas to rule that out as a cause of the cutting out but made no difference.  anybody have a clue what it may be?  Thanks

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
Re: speedometer is on crack
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:00:23 PM »

Check the battery terminals for tightness.  Had the same problem, that fixed mine.  If not, check the grounds.  Gets kinda spooky while it's happening, huh?

TTHA33

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'll check both of those

txvtxrider

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:29:46 AM »

samething happened to me except the bike started running bad too, it was the battery cables that were loose...hopefully its something that minor!

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »

Any magnets around it?  You can fubar your speedo with a magnet.  I know, I did it.  Fortunately Honda just replaced it.  Tank bag that I moved up during fueling was enough for me.
My now long gone VTX...

txvtxrider

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:58:25 PM »

speakign of speedometers, while I was down in Stephenville this last weekend I had my wife drive up next to me in the car and on the speedo I was doing 75 and I looked over at her and she said I was only doing 65...anyway to correct the problem?

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 01:13:31 PM »

The easiset way is subtract about 10% from whatever your speedo says and you'll be about right. Sounds like your car speedo is a little slow because you were prolly going about 68.

txvtxrider

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »

I had been running it around 10% off but just wished that there was a way to get something a little more accurate so that im not having to do math with po-po's around.

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 03:06:59 PM »

I had been running it around 10% off but just wished that there was a way to get something a little more accurate so that im not having to do math with po-po's around.

Here ya go.   http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/intro.htm

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

Vernon Embry has one. He is the guy taht rode back with us from Bedford that day. If you need to get in contact with him let me know.

txvtxrider

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 05:56:20 AM »

Did you get yours fixed Jimmy?  I wouldn't mind getting mine fixed...I was looking for a price for that deal and never saw one on the website...anyways, if some people were interested in getting it fixed, I would be interested as well.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

No I haven't. I may talk to Vernon about it though.

txvtxrider

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »

If you go through with it, let me know...I would more than likely do it at the same time if possible.  Thanks for the heads up on that BTW

lee501

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »

I did put the speedo healer on mine and have it cured. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about it

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 07:44:53 PM »

I did put the speedo healer on mine and have it cured. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about it

Hey Vernon,
Can you help me with mine?
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal