Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sunday Ride: Fredericksburg & Hill Country  (Read 3672 times)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
Long Post; Re: Sunday Ride: Fredericksburg & Hill Country
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »

I've got to brag on this girl; she has really turned into a responsible young adult.  Case in point...last fall the dentist told her that her wisdom teeth were growing in and she should have them out soon.  She called the oral surgeon he recommended for her, set an appointment for an evaluation and then based on that visit she set the appointment for the extraction for the first day of spring break.  She did this all on her own and let me know about it after the fact.  Other item that makes me proud....all though school she struggled to keep up.  We only found about her learning disablilty in fifth grade when she was far behind her classmates academically.  Every night she studied on her own with only a little help.  At Reagan HS she managed an 89 average which at Reagan is good enough for the middle of the second quartile of the graduating class.  A&M would not accept her so she got conditional acceptance to A&M Galveston subject to starting in the summer and doing well enough to remain in the fall.  So, as of spring break with her taking physics, calculus and other advanced classes she has a 3.6 gpaand will more than qualify to transfer to College Station and major in Architecture.  Her mother was an Aggie and she is driven to graduate from there as well.  Too make a long story short (TOO LATE) she is working hard and succeeding far beyond what Lori and would have dreamed.  Yea, I know it's a long post.  But with everything she went through I just had to brag a minute.  Oh, and the day after I picked up my Wing, I rode it to Galveston for a parent event.  I didn't tell her I had bought a new bike; I just showed up.  She saw it and her first question was, "When can we go for a ride?"  What a great kid.  Thanks for letting me use up some bandwidth and be a proud dad.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: Sunday Ride: Fredericksburg & Hill Country
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 08:07:40 PM »

Good for her! And, good for you. Congrats on being a proud Papa. Parenting is the hardest thing to get right. You don't know how you've done, till it's almost over.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 08:10:16 PM »

YOU GOTTA WRIGHT!!!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 Great to hear!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
Re: Long Post; Re: Sunday Ride: Fredericksburg & Hill Country
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 08:13:51 PM »

I've got to brag on this girl; she has really turned into a responsible young adult.  Case in point...last fall the dentist told her that her wisdom teeth were growing in and she should have them out soon.  She called the oral surgeon he recommended for her, set an appointment for an evaluation and then based on that visit she set the appointment for the extraction for the first day of spring break.  She did this all on her own and let me know about it after the fact.  Other item that makes me proud....all though school she struggled to keep up.  We only found about her learning disablilty in fifth grade when she was far behind her classmates academically.  Every night she studied on her own with only a little help.  At Reagan HS she managed an 89 average which at Reagan is good enough for the middle of the second quartile of the graduating class.  A&M would not accept her so she got conditional acceptance to A&M Galveston subject to starting in the summer and doing well enough to remain in the fall.  So, as of spring break with her taking physics, calculus and other advanced classes she has a 3.6 gpaand will more than qualify to transfer to College Station and major in Architecture.  Her mother was an Aggie and she is driven to graduate from there as well.  Too make a long story short (TOO LATE) she is working hard and succeeding far beyond what Lori and would have dreamed.  Yea, I know it's a long post.  But with everything she went through I just had to brag a minute.  Oh, and the day after I picked up my Wing, I rode it to Galveston for a parent event.  I didn't tell her I had bought a new bike; I just showed up.  She saw it and her first question was, "When can we go for a ride?"  What a great kid.  Thanks for letting me use up some bandwidth and be a proud dad.

Thats awesome man, I know the feeling about seeing your kids succeed when you have had doubts about them making it.  My oldest son moved out shortly after graduating high school, got himself moved into an apartment, goes to TSTC in Waco, works full time at Office Depot, and the kicker is, after 2 years, he has yet to ask us for any money.  Makes me smile when I think about.  Didn't think he could do it, but then again, what the hell do I know.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 09:10:14 AM »

Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:16 PM » Quote Modify Remove   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU GOTTA WRIGHT!!!!!!     Great to hear!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:38 AM »

Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:16 PM » Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU GOTTA WRIGHT!!!!!!  O0 O0 O0    Great to hear!!!  O0 O0 O0
sgtstever    O0 O0 O0 O0
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal