Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bad news  (Read 3892 times)

txvtxrider

Bad news
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:49:08 AM »

My bike is down...maybe ya'll can help me figure out what might be wrong before I take it into the Honda shop this afternoon.  The lights were flickering on and off lastnight at a pretty steady pace and the bike was just sputtering real down going down the road...couldn't rev up the engine without it dying.  I even tried pulling the choke out while just sitting there and the bike died just like that.  Any ideas guys?  I lost a lot of sleep over it lastnight and hate that my bike is down.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Dave

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
Re: Bad news
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »

Battery Cables tight and or good ground?
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »

don't ever choke it, in a situation like that. You just made the problem worse, by increasing the fuel in the fuel/air ratio.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »

+1 on the battery terminals
02 1800C

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 07:48:23 AM »

Check yer grounds....   O0

txvtxrider

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:05:36 AM »

what size hex wrench am I going to need to remove the seat?  I noticed that there were bolts or whatever on each side of the seat.  I've got a 1300 C model

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:25:15 AM »

6mm
02 1800C

txvtxrider

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 08:32:50 AM »

Thanks ya'll...will try that this afternoon when I get home.

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 10:41:49 AM »

could be fouled plugs or wires. just a thought. hey good luck and ride safe  O0
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

txvtxrider

Re: Bad news-UPDATE
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 06:47:01 AM »

More bad news...I was trying to take my seat off yesterday afternoon, one of the screws stripped so now I do have to take it into the Honda shop...didn't realize that Honda didn't want you to take the seat off your bike due to how tight the screw was.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 07:28:33 AM by txvtxrider »

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 07:34:50 AM »

Tap in a Torx bit with a hammer and remove it. Get some 3/8" x 1 1/4" ball detent pins (Tractor Supply, Lowe's, Home Depot, hardware store) and chase the threads and the seat bracket holes with a 3/8" drill bit. Pop in the pins and yer done! You now have the Official VTX Quick-connect Seat.
02 1800C

txvtxrider

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 07:48:34 AM »

hipshot you are speaking a foreign language to me...I know diddly squat about all this mess...as soon as I get it back up and running, I will more than that likely list it for sale...I'm way too stressed out by something way too small...if I knew more about bikes and mechanical stuff in general, I would probably keep the bike, but its just too much for me to deal with.

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »

Don't be discouraged. sometimes it just takes patience and a little help from your friends O0
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 08:04:42 AM »

hipshot you are speaking a foreign language to me...I know diddly squat about all this mess...as soon as I get it back up and running, I will more than that likely list it for sale...I'm way too stressed out by something way too small...if I knew more about bikes and mechanical stuff in general, I would probably keep the bike, but its just too much for me to deal with.

http://www.bareasschoppers.com/ go to the link that has the seat mod. Don't give up on the bike, the board is a great place to get info and the bike you have is very reliable you just had a little bump with it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:08:28 AM by T-BIRD »
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

txvtxrider

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 08:20:29 AM »

Looks easy, but I'm telling you, I am not the guy to be doing that kind of stuff.  Have no clue and am not mechanically inclined...those screws on the seat are way too tight in the first place and I'm going to raise some cane at the honda dealership about how tight they are and how they make it so tough to try to take care of stuff yourself.
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal