Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bad news  (Read 3888 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Bad news
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 08:45:05 AM »

If you're anywhere near New Caney I'll be glad to help you with the bike.
02 1800C

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 08:52:54 AM »

I am in Allen....  I can get that seat done for you in a bout 10 minutes if you need help.  Don't get frustrated.   O0

txvtxrider

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 08:55:28 AM »

The problem is under the seat...the bike isn't running very well...the lights flicker on and off and the engine is running really rough...so its either going to get put on a trailer or pray for someone to miraculously show up in my garage and its all fixed when I get home...option one seems more feasible than option two unfortunately.  Thanks for the offers though.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

Chances are about 98% that your battery terminals have vibrated loose; a vey minor deal. Don't get discouraged so easily. V-twins have a lot of vibration, and your problem is not an uncommon one. With the terminals tight your bike'll run like it had aughta.
02 1800C

txvtxrider

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »

I hope its as simple as that...I would love to get to the dealership and hopefully be able to bring the bike back home tonight...not sure how long the wait would be...they will have to drill out that one screw/bolt since it is stripped...hopefully that doesn't take long and its just the battery cables that are loose.  Maybe they wont tighten the seat so tight either and I can get tat seat mod done with someone's help.  Dont mind paying for the help either.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

I hope its as simple as that...I would love to get to the dealership and hopefully be able to bring the bike back home tonight...not sure how long the wait would be...they will have to drill out that one screw/bolt since it is stripped...hopefully that doesn't take long and its just the battery cables that are loose.  Maybe they wont tighten the seat so tight either and I can get tat seat mod done with someone's help.  Dont mind paying for the help either.

I had the same problem. When It happens just mike sure the battery terminals are tight. I know it sounds crazy that it could cause such a problem. But That is what fixed mine
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

BlueRetro

• Tejano
  • Nolanville, TX
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »

Dave

You can get a set of screw/bolt extractors probably from Lowes Home DEpot or Sears.  You drill a hole in the head of the bolt tap the extractor in the hole and grab on the end of the extractor with a wrench, the bolt will be ruined but its probably useless already.  They're probably about $10-15 but still cheaper than the stealer, oh I mean dealer that is.  Give me a holler if you need some help with it.

Good luck   O0
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 06:18:07 PM by BlueRetro »
'06  1300R

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »

Dave there is alot people here that will help you out and I will too but It will be next week (mid week) before I can get there and I will gladly come and help you out. Relax bro, it'll all be OK. You really don't have to be mechanical to ride a Honda other than to turn on the key and twist the throttle 99.9% of the time O0
Al
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 06:05:34 AM »

+1

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 08:52:33 AM »

hipshot you are speaking a foreign language to me...I know diddly squat about all this mess...as soon as I get it back up and running, I will more than that likely list it for sale...I'm way too stressed out by something way too small...if I knew more about bikes and mechanical stuff in general, I would probably keep the bike, but its just too much for me to deal with.

If we all quit that easily, we would still be masturbating!!!! ;D
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 09:21:20 AM »

David,
Load your bike on the trailer bring it to my house and I bet we can get it going. I have a birthday party here at 2PM for my granddaughter after that would be fine.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »

Actually call me and we can set something up.

Cowboy up man!

Success is getting one more time than you are knocked down!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »

If we all quit that easily, we would still be masturbating!!!! ;D

When did we quit?  :o
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »

Hey David, for future reference, there is a place in Gun Barrel City:
http://www.gunbarrelcycle.com/
He's a Honda rider and is reasonably priced if you need help close to home. Does some good custom work too.

Powersports Plus on 334 in Gun Barrel City is also good and will remove, mount and balance tires for $37.50 no matter where you buy 'em.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:41:34 PM by hobo »
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

txvtxrider

Re: Bad news-UPDATE
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:54 AM »

Got the bike fixed Friday night...still need to get that seat mod. done if anyone could help out in that area.  Sorry for blowing up on here and thanks for all the help that ya'll have offered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal