Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sand Storm  (Read 2820 times)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Sand Storm
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

We are in one hell of a storm right now.  The skies are yellow with sand in Allen.  The winds are chugging along at 35mph right now with gusts over 50mph.  Man do I miss those SE Texas Pine Trees to help knock some of this wind down.   :-\

terrible TC

Re: Sand Storm
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:53:46 PM »

The skies are yellow with sand in Allen.   Man do I miss those SE Texas Pine Trees to help knock some of this wind down.   :-\

Im in east texas, the skies are green with those pine trees you mentioned. Looks like the wind won. Crazy windy.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »

Hell, I was down around Lexington, helping a friend clear some land today, and just got home. That was the nastiest wind I have ever ridden in...  >:(
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »

I was worried for the few bikers I did see out there today.  We drove the cage up 377 to Denton today and some other back roads back home, metals signs and other chit was flying across the road.  I kept thinking of what would happen if I was riding and a 4'x4' metal sign flew at me at 40mph  :o  Sliced toast.
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »

Now you guys know what's it's like in West Texas a lot of the time.;D ;D ;D Our farm didn't even stop to visit as it flew by today :D

terrible TC

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 10:57:35 PM »

Hell, I was down around Lexington, helping a friend clear some land today, and just got home. That was the nastiest wind I have ever ridden in...  >:(

the land wasnt cleared already when you got there???????

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »

I rode for a few hours here today after the storms went through, Sand all the way here in the piney woods too Brad. Sustained 25-35 mph winds with gusts up to 53 mph. Worse than a year and a half ago when the hurricane after Katrina came through here! Wore me out riding, might near!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

Down towards Marshall, one place had 3 miles visibility 'cause of the sand..wasn't that bad here though.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 05:58:54 AM »

the land wasnt cleared already when you got there???????

We had to clear the stuff that blew over from the neighbor's....  ;D :D ;D
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 07:20:49 AM »

Everybody watch for that sand to be on the road today and be carefull. That fine silt left over from the ice and snow was what cuased me to drop my bike in a very slow turn.

Muff

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal