Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please pray  (Read 3884 times)

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
Re: Please pray
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »

What hospital is it?

Just having the baby in the hospital is rough, but with Vanessa having problems as well, they really need to be lifted up.

Dusty,

What else can I do?  Are they far away from home, or is Randy able to go home and get what they need?

I can send a care package if things are needed.  When we were in Medical City, somebody brought a big bag of toiletries that really helped out.  It was the small, travel size, stuff that people need for the bathroom. 

Deoderant, soap, toothpaste, brushes, shaving cream, etc....

Is something like that what they need, or should I concentrate on something else?

Do they need money?  I'm sure they do. 

Guys, lets do something to help. 

Should we all just show up at the hospital this weekend?  That will probably wear them out.

I'm rambling,  anybody have any ideas?
'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

Dusty

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »

Raymond,

Your offers are greatly appreciated, but they are ok. Randy just called and they did a catscan this AM and they are being admitted to the hospital today for possible surgery tomorrow. They don't have a room as of yet. They are at Christus St. Elizabeth in Beaumont. They are only 30 to 45 minutes from thier house but at times that may as well be one hundred miles. I don't know of anything they need other than for this to be over with and to be able to get back to a regular routine with a healthy bill of health for Vaneesa and the baby.
Just keep them in your thoughts.

Bill

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 12:03:01 PM »

Any further updates?
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Dusty

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 03:32:01 PM »

Any further updates?

I just got back from the hospital. I was there while the doctors were coming through preparing for tomorrows surgery. Vannesa has a fairly large infection in her abdominal cavity, possibly caused by the fluids from the placenta when it ruptured. They are basically going in to clean out the infection, explore to see if there is anything visible that may have caused the infection other than what they think. They are also going to perform a hysterectomy. The trauma Dr. explaned that they will leave the incision open with a devise inserted that will pump the infection out thus allowing the wound to be packed and heal from the inside out. Vaneesa is looking at a couple of weeks in the hospital and then a couple of months of healing after the surgery. Needless to say, she is scared and not real happy about the situation.
Ironically, she should get well just in time for Gracie to get out of the hospital and go home.

She is in room 3114 at Christus St. Elizabeth in Beaumont.
I will post an update tomorrow when I know more after the surgery.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 04:46:21 PM »

I tell you what this is really starting to get me down. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers. There is just really no place like HOME. Hopefully this will be the last of Vanessa's troubles, I need her by my side dealing with Mason,Gracie, and life in general. I just told her today to keep her chin up because things would work out, and brighter days were ahead.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Swampfox

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

I will Dusty Bill.

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 07:08:12 PM »

Well, just got off the phone with Randy. No money is needed just moral support and prayers as you have been offering. Evidently they work. The baby is doing well and Vanessa will be also with your continued support and prayers. Keep them going for both. We'll be here when you guys get home. Take care Randy. Luv ya Vanessa be strong you have a lot of things to look forward to.  O0

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »

Guys,

Hang in there.  Randy, you have double trouble.  At least when my baby was going through the surgery and through her initial stay in the hospital, I had my wife to lean on.  But you have a double whammy and are having to be strong for both of you.  I know you are going through it.

Remember this:

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
       an ever-present help in trouble.
 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
       and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
 3 though its waters roar and foam
       and the mountains quake with their surging.

Hold onto faith and trust that God will get you guys through this trial.

1 Peter 4: 12-13

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

These verses uplifted and strengthened us when we were down.  I pray that they will do the same for you.  We actually taped several bible verses on Mikayla's bed or the bulletin board in the ICU while we were in the hospital, both times.

Here is another one: 

Psalm 22: 9-11 & 19

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

This one really encouraged my wife:

Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
       where does my help come from?
 2 My help comes from the LORD,
       the Maker of heaven and earth.

'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

Dusty

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 08:42:17 PM »

Randy called earlier and Vanesa was just returning to the room from recovery. I think she was in surgery fro around 3 hours. The mass turned out to be a blood clot with some infection instead of a mass of infection. They inspected her intestines to make sure there was no damage to them, did a partial hysterectomy and were able to close the incision completely instead of leaving it open to fight the infection they expected to find.
So, hopefully she is on the road to recovery for the final time. I didn't ask but I'm pretty sure Gracy is still improving. Randy would have said something if not.

I did tell Randy that by May they should all be well enough to load up in that toy hauler and bring them to BBT4. Randy's Mom didn't think that was a very good idea. I think I'll stay clear of her for a while.  ;D

Bill

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 11:36:19 AM »

Praise God!

Prayer still works my friends.  God turned that knot of infection into something more manageable.

Let's keep praying and maybe, they really will be able to make the BBT4.

They told us that my little girl would be in the hospital for a month after the surgery, and we were home in 13 days.

It can happen again.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 11:13:07 PM »

Yeah, Bill, my idea of "lightening-up" a situation has been off at times, too.  But, it probably gave Randy a much-needed chance to laugh a bit.  Prayers continue!
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »

Our Prayers are with you and your family.
God Bless!
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal