Poll

Would you stop here?

Yes
- 26 (89.7%)
No
- 3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Motorcycle Quick Lube type shop  (Read 2544 times)

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
Motorcycle Quick Lube type shop
« on: February 22, 2007, 01:00:29 PM »

How many riders would like to see a local motorcycle quick lube type shop? The idea would be to offer an oil change/regular maintaince service with out having your bike tied up at the dealer or local mom and pop shops for several hours if not days. This shop would employ certified motorcycle techs and offer state of the art dyno testing as well as regular maintaince and accessory installation. An emphasis would be placed on affordable quality work and customer service second to none. This shop would not only be a place to have your bike serviced quickly so you can spend more time riding but it would also be a great hang out for bikers with a comfortable lounge area serving refreshments, internet hot spot, and also a showroom full of the latest motorcycle accessories. You could even purchase that much needed O0 accessory from our showroom and have it installed while you wait! This wouldn't be for the do it yourselfer but it would be for those who want to keep their bikes running smoothe but don't have the time or the know how to do so.

So please let me know what you think. Especially the riders from Texas.

Thanks,

Bryan
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

txvtxrider

Re: Motorcycle Quick Lube type shop
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »

Your idea is what I am looking for!  I am an idiot when it comes to mechanical stuff and was just questioning in a different post about getting oil changes and servicing the bike, etc...could you take a look at the post and reply when you have a chance with what I need to do.  I would pay for a service like that and would be by quite often I imagine to just hang out if nothing else!

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »

I said yes but... only if it were still a value to me.
My time is worth something but I still have to spend time waiting and delivering the bike. Takes 20 minutes max to change oil and filter.
On the other hand just hanging out with others might make it worthwhile just for the comraderie. 

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:12:26 PM »

My time is worth something but I still have to spend time waiting and delivering the bike. Takes 20 minutes max to change oil and filter.
On the other hand just hanging out with others might make it worthwhile just for the comraderie. 

Well said.   O0

...and there should be free coffee, too.   ;D

Goofydumbo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »

Definitely would love something like that....  not too comfortable with some of the maintenance where I have to remove more than 1 level of things (i.e. removing the gas tank to get to the other stuff)....

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 05:55:32 PM »

I would stop, but I do most of my own work on the bike, but I would stop for the other things.
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 06:21:03 PM »

I agree and said yes for the same reasons.

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 06:52:13 PM »

definetly O0 and if ya got any job openings let me know  O0
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »

definetly O0 and if ya got any job openings let me know  O0

+1
Then I wouldn't even have to pay to hang out. ;)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »

It sounds like a great idea to me just wonder if it would be worth the money to start up a business like that ?
Alvin,Texas

bgreer

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »

Looks like I'm the only one who voted no...nothig good is cheap and nothing cheap is good

Dusty

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 06:28:35 AM »

I didn't vote because I try to do everything myself. But, it sort of sounds to good to be true to me. To have techs that have the experience to work on mutiple makes and models wouldn't be cheap. So, you hire one or two really sharp techs and then fill the gaps with grunts and tell them to hurry? Cars are one thing, but people are triple picky about thier bikes.

Of course my ex father-n-law hit town with the first fast lube and people thought he was nuts, including me. Now it's the norm. But, his flopped in 6 months. Bad location and was scared to advertise because of not having enough techs to handle any real volume if people took to the idea. In hindsight, I wish I had quit my job and helped him.

Good Luck! I hope it flys for you!  Can I open bar and grill next door?  ;D

galpd320

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 09:10:09 AM »

Looks like I'm the only one who voted no...nothig good is cheap and nothing cheap is good
A VTX is cheap relative to a larger percentage of other motorcycles sold.

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »

You are correct. But cheap is one thing, less expensive than a dealer is another. A+ quality work and top notch customer service is what I would base my business on. A lot of people ask why a tech would want to do oil changes and maintaince all day long? Well, that is what they do the majority of the time at the dealerships. Service is one of the highest profit areas at any dealership and the techs mostly do your 600 mile, 3000 mile service as well as install custom accessories. I would offer these services as well as a "quick lube" type shop and just a cool place to relax and talk bikes with other bikers.
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »

Let me see tech sessions are cheap. Freinds that help out are cheap. Tapper supposedly is cheap. I have been known to be cheap. Hipshsot is cheap. What are ya trying to say?
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal