Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone want to fill in for Tapper???  (Read 1258 times)

MoFo

Anyone want to fill in for Tapper???
« on: May 12, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »

well Im a friend of his and he has been helping me find a bike (last bike I had was a 78 750FOUR SS and it was in 78)  well he’s gone riding this weekend and a bike is up for sale and I have questions...here is the bike http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=140501 now this bike is only a 100 miles away so that’s a start...I like that its got the Quick release windshield and Quick release sissy bar back rest, wife and daughter will ride for time to time…what do you think of the rest???

I have really wanted an F but Tapper been telling me I would like the R better…Im a big guy and want to take weekend trips with the wife...

Thanx

Nash

Also what price range you think

and I guess most went to Blue Bonnet Thunder as he did  ???
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:34:52 PM by MoFo »

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Anyone want to fill in for Tapper???
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:09:51 AM »

he cannot be replaced...
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »

That's a very nice bike. I would definitely look at an R or S too (S has spokes and tubes - R has no tube so if you get a flat you need a new tire instead of a new tube - plus I think the spokes are a more classic/Retro look).
I would not think those handlebars would be too comfortable on a long ride.

I just got back from BBT III (500 miles/8 or so hours of riding 2-up) on my 1300 R/S. With my corbin dual tour seat, bags, quick release windshield and a backrest bag, My girlfriend and i were comfortable and packed everything we needed including a tent and 2 sleeping bags. Well - actually I got pretty fatigued near the end - ear plugs, iso grips to reduce vibrations, highway bars/pegs to stretch out legs would have made it more comfortable - but all in good time.
There are alot of bikes on the VTXOA classifieds section that might fit your stated needs faster - then you could fancy it up yourself.
That said - it is an awesome looking bike.

You are the one that is going to be riding and looking at it the most - so go give it a ride and then test a Retro with the wife on if possible.

Good Luck
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

blade

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »

bad Cranberries bike....defintely go buy it!

blade

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 12:06:43 PM »

So, did you get the bike?

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal