Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dyno Tuning  (Read 6686 times)

TorqueMonstr

Dyno Tuning
« on: February 05, 2007, 02:24:50 PM »

Having just bought an 02' VTX 1800, with Vance & hines Big shots, a Power Commander III, & a K&N airfilter, I'm looking for a local dealer/tuner in the Houston (preferably) to reset all the perameters of the Power Commander. I understand that some area tuners are much better than others, & for the $$$ spent, I want to get it done right.  Can anyone give me any references, as well any ideas as to how to improve power/driveability.

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Dyno Tuning
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »

andy at metric motorcycles knows what he's doing. it's pricey, and you won't get inflated/adjusted numbers, but your bike will run strong and clean. just look up metricmotorcycles. he's in the heights area just a couple blocks south of I-10.

TorqueMonstr

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

Thanks Dave !!!!

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 06:02:41 PM »

no problem.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 07:39:41 PM »

Not sure what kind of intake you have, but www.bareasschoppers.com has PC III maps posted that would probably help you out.

David

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

TorqueMonstr

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 08:38:25 AM »

Is Metric Motorcycle any more expensive than the dealers, & do you personally feel they do a better job ???   I read Metric's web site, & while I have an understanding of how dyno tuning is done, & all you have is 3 adjustments, low, mid & high range; & if all 3 are set to 13-1, what else can you do to one ???  Just asking & learning !!!!

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:41:49 AM »

Andy tunes a lot of bikes... the dealers will usually do three pulls and give you your numbers for $75 or something like that. I'm not sure anyone has gotten an awesome map from one of the local dealers. A friend of mine had andy do his bike. it cost like $300 or so. You might just wait until Johnny cheese is back up and running in Austin and take a day to have him do a dual map for you. He does it by hand and can do a lot of cool tricks. but nobody knows when he's gonna be back in business. I have not personally had andy do anything other than fork work on my bike. I just know that he has a clean shop and it is usually full of bikes. he must be doing something right....

TorqueMonstr

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 02:47:23 PM »

The dealer gave me a price of $200

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »

it's up to you. andy is pricey, but I saw a map he did on a guy's ZX-10 about a year ago. it looked even better than the stuff they print in the magazines. he's good. but for about half price......

Dusty

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »

Which dealer?
I was talking to East Side but forgot to ask if they can do a dual map. I'm tired of waiting on JC and I don't particularly care to ride to Dallas to see what Sabin can do.
TxCajun told me about a place in Lake Charles (Third Coast Speed Shop , I think) He said they are suppose to be pretty good.

When I finally get my valves right I'm going some where to get a dyno. Damn rear exhaust is kicking my butt. I'll get it or the bike will stay on the damn jack from now on. That's the crown talking.  ;D

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »

Which dealer?
I was talking to East Side but forgot to ask if they can do a dual map. I'm tired of waiting on JC and I don't particularly care to ride to Dallas to see what Sabin can do.
TxCajun told me about a place in Lake Charles (Third Coast Speed Shop , I think) He said they are suppose to be pretty good.

When I finally get my valves right I'm going some where to get a dyno. Damn rear exhaust is kicking my butt. I'll get it or the bike will stay on the damn jack from now on. That's the crown talking.  ;D
Tell txcajun you can bring that Margret machine in your trailer!!  That would be to The Spring X Thing!!!!! We can make a burger.... Ride Safe Ride Long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

TorqueMonstr

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 06:03:47 PM »

What & when is the "Spring" X/VTX thing  ?????    I'd lekr to meet some fellow riders !!!!,   & learn more about my bike !!!

TorqueMonstr

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »

What additional mods would/have you made to an 1800 that were advantages ???

Muffmaster

• Old Timer
  • Selective Honesty is Not Lying
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

You can got to the Power Commander site and download a map specifacally suited to your add ons and it will get you close enough. I have downloaded one for mine and then dyno'ed with a negligable difference. My .02 worth. Did I tell you it's free?

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 09:31:09 PM »

What additional mods would/have you made to an 1800 that were advantages ???

airbox. can't mix too much more fuel unless you increase the amount of air coming in.
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal