Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Air Horns  (Read 2502 times)

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Air Horns
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »

Hey you could cut down your gas tank so it could handle 3 gallons of air and 2 gallons of gas!!  ;D Or hey how about have a dummy saddlebag as an air tank!!  ;D hmmmm  ::)

sounds like it should be stretched and blended, instead. that would be hot.

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »

Marigold,

The Hi/Lo horns look good, but I'm not sure where you'd mount them.  It looks like the compressor is a completely separate piece, so at least you wouldn't have to mount the whole assembly in one place.  You could probably mount the compressor wherever others have mounted the Stebel horn, but finding a good place for the horns themselves would probably be a little harder to do--and, of course, if you didn't mount the whole assembly in one place, you'd have to find an acceptable way to route the air hose from the compressor to the horns.  Nevertheless, the horns sound great from the audio demo included on the Web site you provided, and it may well be worth the effort to figure out a way to mount them.  Good luck!

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 07:12:33 AM »

I saw a harley dude with dual horns mounted on his frame next to the shift lever. they didn't stick out far enough to touch anything, so I guess that might be an option.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »

How about the handlebar? It looked good on my tricycle back in the early fifties.
02 1800C

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 07:57:19 AM »

I saw a harley dude with dual horns mounted on his frame next to the shift lever. they didn't stick out far enough to touch anything, so I guess that might be an option.

That is where I was going to have Jim put them......My legs are so short they will not come anywhere near them.. :)

When the actual time comes to put them on my bike we will figure it out.. No let me rephase myself. I will tell Jim where I want it and poor Jim the man that Loves me will figure out how to put them on my bike......
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »

How about the handlebar? It looked good on my tricycle back in the early fifties.

That sounds like a good idea........You know if I had more room it could happen........ :)
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »

yeah. I can see it now, honking the horn and having all that sound bounce off your windshield right back in your face. It'll be like yelling at someone at a stoplight with the windows up..... or seeing somebody walk into a spiderweb from far away.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »

If we cut down on our gas tank -  we would have to stop as often as those with 1800'S  ::)

We're usually so far down the road though, that we can fill up again and be heading out before you're out of the first zip code.

:P
Chunk the llama.

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 11:07:41 AM »

If we cut down on our gas tank -  we would have to stop as often as those with 1800'S  ::)

We're usually so far down the road though, that we can fill up again and be heading out before you're out of the first zip code.

:P
   ;D ;D so true  ;D O0
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal