Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is it worth?  (Read 3466 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
What is it worth?
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:08:30 PM »

This spring, I'm planning on getting a new bike, First choice is a Yamaha FJR, second choice is a Honda st1300. As for a Gold Wing, as nice as they are, I don't wanna deal with the bulk. And as my dad said at Christmas regarding clothes, "Don't buy me anything that you wouild expect a person my age to wear...I don't like things that accentuate how old I am."  I kinda feel like that about Wings...sorry.

Anyway I'll probably be selling or trading my X. IT is/ and has the following:

original owner
03 retro
38000 miles

adds:

cobra tach
cobra fatty bars
kury pegs
memphis shade windshield
complete ultimate seat with backrests, (driver and passenger)
fender trim front and back
front tip for front fender
honda light bar
kury passenger boards (I think)
fake chrome sidecovers

What is it really worth?  What would it probably bring at trade-in?

There is nothing wrong with the bike. I like it.  I just kinda want to get out of the cruiser category to something lighter and quieter, yet still good for comfort over moderate distances.

Thanks for any input.

Martin

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 02:12:49 PM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: What is it worth?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »

Does a CD come with that?
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

Does a CD come with that?

Yes.   and a free life time pass to any live show that I might ever do in Iran or Afghanistan.
(airfare not included)  8)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »

Martin,

If you are wanting to maximize your return, you should sell the aftermarket items separately, especially the Ultimate seat.  Of course, you'll need the stocker if you kept it.

You'll always get better money when you sell your aftermarket stuff outright, rather than leaving it on the bike.  Between the Texas and VTXOA boards, you'd have that seat sold in a matter of hours!

As far as the trade-in value...it's black...and it's an 1800...it's worth about $50, and that's my final offer!  ;)  J/K

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »

This spring, I'm planning on getting a new bike, First choice is a Yamaha FJR,

Good choice on the next bike!  O0 I've been thinking about that move myself for awhile. Gotta see how this employment thing shakes out, then do I want a Toyota FJ, or a Yamaha FJR? Hmmmm......  8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »

jeff ya need to get the fjr, then you would be able to keep up with us old guys on our wings ;D ;D ;)
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

VTXDEMON

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 07:48:36 AM »

Martin... mi amigo...  don't make a big mistake... get the goldwing, the FJR and the ST1300 are ok bikes but for the money you are going to spend the goldwing is only 2-3K more expensive.  You get more confort, lots of space to carry your stuff, a nice back seat for the wife and a radio...

Besides if anyone calls you old... just deal with it!!!  As soon as I get my finances in order, I'll be getting a Goldwing...  I'm not even 30 years old yet...

Joey has one, Jerry has one, I'll get one soon I hope, and if you get one we can began our oun little group, "TexasWRiders"

gabe

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »

jeff ya need to get the fjr, then you would be able to keep up with us old guys on our wings ;D ;D ;)

Okay, sounds like a deal!  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »

Martin... mi amigo...  don't make a big mistake... get the goldwing, the FJR and the ST1300 are ok bikes but for the money you are going to spend the goldwing is only 2-3K more expensive.  You get more confort, lots of space to carry your stuff, a nice back seat for the wife and a radio...

Besides if anyone calls you old... just deal with it!!!  As soon as I get my finances in order, I'll be getting a Goldwing...  I'm not even 30 years old yet...

Joey has one, Jerry has one, I'll get one soon I hope, and if you get one we can began our oun little group, "TexasWRiders"

gabe

What you are saying is true, but I don't want to deal with the weight and the bulk. I think the Wing is the best motorcycle made. I think it has great lines until you get to the back end...and there, they loaded it up with so much stuff that they couldn't sweep the lines like the rest of the bike. The BMW 1200LT does a better job , but you don't get enough bike for the price tag on the BMW..you just get the emblem.

One of the rubs on the retro is that it is long and heavy. When you pull into to get gas it becomes a factor compared to other bikes. I wanna get away from that. Plus...I think the FJR is georgeous. My only concern is the riding position over longer distances.

The retro is a very comfortable riding position.

as for the radio, I prefer a full face helmet and ear buds and an ipod.

BY THE WAY!!   How come I can't get any of yall to tell me what the phuquing thing is worth. Is the news gonna be that bad?   :o

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 12:34:53 PM by VT-XS »

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »

They're selling pretty low, but the average is around 7k-8k I'd say.  The accessories don't mean anything unless someone is looking for the same items.

I'd ask for $8,500 and go down from there.
Chunk the llama.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »

They're selling pretty low, but the average is around 7k-8k I'd say.  The accessories don't mean anything unless someone is looking for the same items.

I'd ask for $8,500 and go down from there.

Thanks Brock.

Email me what you think I can actually end up getting. I'd say put it here but I don't wanna cause any panic attacks or suicides.   :'( ;)

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

sell the seat before you sell the rest of the bike. You'll get the biggest return on that part. everything else will end up being icing for the deal. You won't get somebody to pay $500 more just because of the seat, though.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:22:59 PM »

Okay, sounds like a deal!  O0

You need to get a job first!!!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Spanish Cobra

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 09:42:36 PM »

Hey Martin, how you doing ? Hope you and everyone had some great Holidays...  Just checking to see if you want to sell the driver backrest.  Let me know.     Thanks.........   Robert.......

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

Hey Martin, how you doing ? Hope you and everyone had some great Holidays...  Just checking to see if you want to sell the driver backrest.  Let me know.     Thanks.........   Robert.......

Everything's great Robert. Hope all's well with you and yours.

I'll probably ending leaving the seat on the bike complete when I sell it or if I sell the seat, it'll be as a four piece full set deal.  If that changes for some reason (ie Someone wants the seat without the rest) , I'll post on the forum.

Thanks

Martin
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal