Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bike nite  (Read 1887 times)

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
bike nite
« on: January 08, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

anyone gonna make it? weather looks to be good thru thursday. jen and i will be there. ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
Re: bike nite
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:34 AM »

Possible maybe.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »

I'll be back in town, so I'll probally head down there, pending the weather.  Arnold, Kenny?  You guys in?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 02:08:34 PM »

;D Cool, Hope you have a couple of those "head socks" that were mentioned! No pink please!!
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »

A maybe, here.  I finally heard from the well driller.  He is going to try to move his rig in after today, possibly tomorrow or Thursday.  If that happens, I may need to stay here around all the excitement.

Do you guys want to try some place other than Antonio's?

Maybe not this week but it would be cool to check out some other places soon.  Are there any other bike nites around? I've been to Specht's several times and Texas Pride BBQ once.  Specht's is a nice laid back scene, a great place for a summer outdoor dinner.  There is a nice mix of cruisers and sport bikes. Texas Pride  is just a plain wild biker scene. The night I went, there were a massive number of bikes (almost all Harleys, a few Big Dogs and a couple of VTXs sprinkled in for good measure). There was a giant covered outdoor eating area with live music.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:53:41 PM by vtxcrzr »

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »

A maybe, here.  I finally heard from the well driller.  He is going to try to move his rig in after today, possibly tomorrow or Thursday.  If that happens, I may need to stay here around all the excitement.

Do you guys want to try some place other than Antonio's?

sure. if anyone has any ideas lets hear 'em. if not, maybe we can discuss it at antonio's. ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 09:34:01 AM »

The Patriot Guard Riders are having a M & G here this Thursday. Here is the email I received:

Here is a map to the Hill's Cafe: http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=SUNA,SUNA:2005-44,SUNA:en&q=Hills+Cafe+Austin%2c+Texas

Well, folks, it's time we all got together for a little socializing.  We are going to have a Meet and Greet at Hill's Cafe, 4700 So. Congress, this Thursday, January 11 at 7pm.  I encourage everyone to attend as we will be having a special guest who will be deploying to the sandbox soon and we'd like to give him a great send off. Additionally, we have a lot of new members that we don't all know. The weather is supposed to be favorable for that evening, minus a little wind.

For those of you who don't know where it is, the best way to get there is to come in off of Ben White (Hwy 71) and take the Congress Exit, then head South on Congress for a few blocks and it's located on the right.  If you've had a Harley for long, it's where we used to hold the Austin H-D (now Cowboy) Bike Nite....plenty of parking in the back.  Carrington is going to call and try to reseve a room for us. IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING, PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO ME AND LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN GET AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT.  IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON ATENDING, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND.
Hope to see you there,

--
Mike Duggan
muddyduck
Austin Area Contact Coordinator/Ride Captain
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:41:38 AM by forevrtxan »
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

brentos

• Old Timer
  • Austin, Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »

If the weather holds, Dallas and I will be there.  O0
Brent Johnston - '05 1300S beetle bags, switchblade 2-up, Corbin dual tour, Roadhouse slip-ons, Fatty Beach Bars, etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal