Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PGR funeral on Monday  (Read 2162 times)

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
PGR funeral on Monday
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »

If you are a PGR member or want to be, this is the one to make:
Spc. Dustin R. Donica, 22, of Spring, TX - 08 Jan 07

The Donica family has received a lot of unwanted attention and harassment because Dustin was the 3000th KIA in the war.  After much thought the family had decide to allow us to attend the services.  Services are tentatively scheduled for Monday.  I have the church, funeral home and staging location but will not release them until the family confirms them.  I also have to see if they are sensitive to this information being on the PGR web site due to the circumstances.  We have done missions before via e-mail only with no location information posted on the web as the WBC does monitor our web site. 

I can release where and when we will stage for the Donica mission, it is at the same location we staged for Captain Fraser's services:

Service Date: Monday January 8th

Staging Location:  4765 FM 1960 West at Breck Street in the abandoned Target parking lot behind Wolf Cameras.

Time: 12N -13:00   KSU at 13:00

Map:  http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=4765%20Fm%201960%20Rd%20W&city=Houston&state=TX&zipcode=77069%2d4605&country=US&geodiff=1

Ride Captains: Lead Ride Captain: John Darner AKA JohnnyD     e-mail   pgrrchouston@yahoo.com   cell 713-817-8112
Co-Captains:  Rick Cunningham AKA Ride The Wind  e-mail windrider.127@peoplepc.com and Larry Ormond AKA Breeze

We do except the WBC to be at this service because of all the national attention being placed on him being the 3000th KIA.  I know this is on a work day and we have been over run with missions the last month but if you can please plan on making this mission to honor this fallen hero from our area.

Please follow this tread on the PGR web site: http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/postid/366842/view/topic/Default.aspx

This story in the Chronicle is on both of these fallen heroes:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4436528.html

If you don't know who the WBC trash is: http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ghfmir/main/index.html

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: PGR funeral on Monday
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »

Will not be able to make the mission comming up Monday working nights Sunday through Tuesday  :(
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 07:29:49 PM »

I'm interested in attending from CenTex, anyone else from this area want to ride over with me?  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 07:47:13 PM »

Do you have a ride plan????
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »

Do you have a ride plan????

You talking to me?

Depends on who is going. If it's just me, 290 to 1960.... you in?  :)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »

Your bike would not be to loud as most of the riders all have after market pipes but we all ride easy when on a mission. I have been on 7 missions and its an honor to ride for these brave men and women that have given all for their country.
Alvin,Texas

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »

i know this is an odd question but who would i get in contact with to find out if they were doing a pgr ride in arizona. a friend and classmate of mine during flightschool i found out died a couple of days ago and was trying to find info but can't find any. any help is greatly appreciated.
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:53:38 PM »

Jerry, as I understood it the pipes are part of it, they drown out any harrassament. I read it somewhere.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 02:34:03 AM »

Do I have to be a member of something or can I just come up with Jeff & Kenny?

Jerry, no membership is necessary, just show up, hold a flag at the service and ride. I've only been to one other, with Mr. and Mrs. Kenny, and Dusty, but it was incredibly moving for me, and showed the necessary respect for a soldier who made the ultimate sacrifice.

FatDaddy, here is the Patriot Guard website, where you can find all the info you need:

http://www.patriotguard.org/
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 03:31:21 AM »

thanx for the sight info. ya'll ride safe
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

milokyal

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 08:38:25 AM »

I have to work on monday and it is next to impossible to get leave these days.  My son is interested but needs to see if he can adjust his work schedule.  He attended a friend of ours, brothers funeral here in the DFW metroplex last year and said he'd love to participate sometime.  My questions is, do y'all ride together from here or do you just meet in Spring?  The military funeral was an eye opening experience for him.  Our friends brother was a highly decorated soldier/officer.  I could not say enough about the PGR influence at the ceremony. 

I would like to say many thanks to all of you who do ride in these processions.  Your help on the roads is greatly appreciated.  Your dedication to the fallen hero and their family speak volumes to the greatness that is AMERICA. 

figowitz

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:53:56 PM »

I will be there.  This will be my 1st mission, but I have a dear friend who has made several in the last few months.  He says it is a very moving experience and something he will never forget - to be a part of such a divergent group of riders, all united in their love of our country, supporting a family who has lost someone they love, and standing with a flag to honor that serviceperson who has given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

The local PGR group has and will distribute the American flags.  Just come on your ride to the staging area and follow their instructions.

One thing:  if you have a hot temper - and some of these slithering monsters from the Westboro protest group will try to test the most disciplined of us - stay home.  The PGR is non-confrontational and silent.  It does NOT want give the protestors one second of recognition or the rumble they desire for attention.  Stand silently, respectfully honoring the fallen hero.

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »

I regret I cannot make this mission.  For any of you who have not ridden on a mission, all are welcome.  All that is asked is to show silent respect.  Dress appropriately for a ride.  When you arrive at the staging area, look for a ride captain.  He or she will be wearing a cap or armband showing them as such.  Ask around, anyone will help you get started.  Visit the Patriot Guard website to learn more about their history.  http://www.patriotguard.org/  On the right side of the page will be links to pending mission rides. 
Bring some tissues; you will need them.  It will be a deeply moving experience.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »

Jeff and Kenny,  I'm looking at a little over 4 hours riding time from my place.  If I go San Marcos to Luling I-10 to 610 to I-45 to 1960 it is 212 miles.  If I go San Marcos to Paige on 290 to 2920 thru Tomball to 45 to 1960 it is 198 miles.

The question is are there more red lights and traffic between 290 and I-45 taking 2920 or 1960?  Jeff, you had mentioned taking 290 all the way to 1960.  I remember 30 years ago that 1960 was a parking lot.  Also what about road construction and detours?

Houston North side folks can you help us out here?  If you were coming in 290, how would you go to the staging area for this event?

Thanks

Jerry,

There is no reason to go all the way over to I-45. You'/re just adding miles, and I45 sucks donkeys. Considering that, taking 2920 N to Tomball, then SE back down 249 to 1960 is a bit out of the way, and I think you are only eliminating the lights on 1960 from 290 to 249. Last time I ran through Tomball, (a couple of years ago), there is no shortage of lights there, either. Unless someone from Houston has a better idea, I think 290 to 1960 is fairly direct. I ran down there yesterday, and there are only a couple of spots of construction on 290, one just on the other side of Brenham, and a 3 - 4 mile stretch out in the Fairfield/Cypress-Spring area. We will also be getting in around noon, so no early am traffic jams.....

Are you in, and if so, where do you want to meet on 290? Manor? Kenny?

Jeff
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:02 PM »

The staging area is a few miles east of 249 on 1960.  If you don't know your way around Houston NW, then 1960 east off 290 should not be that bad in the late morning. I will take 249 to Cypresswood left to Cuttin and right to 1960 , left on 1960 and  it is about 1/2 mile on your right.  There is a McDonald's on the corner/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:09:05 PM by BobB »
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal