Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: polish vs. chrome wheels  (Read 6127 times)

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
Re: polish vs. chrome wheels
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:12 AM »

The wheels on my F are polished aluminum and I havn't had a problem keeping them shiny and clean, (not yet anyway)...  Although I'd love to have those suckers chromed!!   O0 O0  I have seen the wheels off an F model chromed, and they looked saweeet!!!  My vote is "ChRoMeD".   ;D ;D ;D

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »

Here is my chrome rims that I got off E bay last year for a SUPER LOW Price!! A place in California called Cycle Image does them on exchange but I bought these outright and kept my rims. If u keep watch on E bay you find some selling outright. Good luck!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »

Doode!!! Very nice......  That truck in the backround needs some TLC... :'( :'(

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 01:04:40 PM by SilverTribal Driver »

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »

F WHEELS POWDERCOATED BLACK.....

bgreer

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »

I've had the wheels on my 02 1800 C for going on 3 years and not had a problem yet.  I think that if you get a good chromer then there will be no problem. 

Also the upkeep of the chrome wheels are easier than the polished ones "IMHO". 

hey bro how much did they charge you to chrome your wheels, i'm definitly gonna throw the bling on my 06 1300r 8) i think that style of rim would look perfect chromed out O0 do you have a pic of yours ???

Man I'mm diggin the signature video....How do ya do that????

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:16 AM »

I've had the wheels on my 02 1800 C for going on 3 years and not had a problem yet.  I think that if you get a good chromer then there will be no problem. 

Also the upkeep of the chrome wheels are easier than the polished ones "IMHO". 

hey bro how much did they charge you to chrome your wheels, i'm definitly gonna throw the bling on my 06 1300r 8) i think that style of rim would look perfect chromed out O0 do you have a pic of yours ???

Man I'mm diggin the signature video....How do ya do that????

all you need to do is open a photobucket account. you can get all those crazy Cranberries pics on pimpmyspace.com try this 1st, go to photobucket.com if you dont already have one and fill it all out(it's free btw) then keep that window open and go back to this page and right click on one of the crazy Cranberries pics i posted, go to (save as), then (my documents) or (my pictures) will probably be the folder you save it in, click save once you select the folder your gonna save it in. now, go to the photobucket window again and click on it, (bottom of page) there will be a little box that says (browse), click it. it's just like setting up a pic for this board in your profile set up. look for that pic that you saved in your folder, click on it, go down to open, click it, then click on the upload box. once it's uploaded, you should see the pic there in your album just below. click on the little box above the pic to check it. then scroll down to the bottom right side of the page and click on the gray box that says generate code. a couple of different codes will pop up. use the one that says images for message boards, it's the 4th box down. right click the code, select all, then right click again on the code, select copy. then go back to the thread you want to post on, right click, select paste then post, and walah!! hope this helps. lemme know if it worked out O0 O0 O0

try this one

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 12:44:57 AM »

oh and i forgot to ask, where's bridge city ???

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

bgreer

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 07:42:41 AM »

oh and i forgot to ask, where's bridge city ???

Southeast Texas...near Beaumont

bgreer

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 07:49:28 AM »

If you want to polish your wheels, here is a set of videos on how I did mine...yes you have to maintain them, but when your not ridin, you need something to do to get out of the house...just click on each frame to watch the video

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »

I know polished wheels, so I've heard, are a pain in the rump to maintain and keep nice looking. Has anybody polished their wheel and then shot clear coat over them to retail the luster? I know if you shoot it over some things, such as chrome silver paint, it will change the color abit. Chrome silver changes to a bright silver gray that is really a neat color for truck wheels and such but what does it do to polished alumin?  :-\ :-\
AL
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

bgreer

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »

I know polished wheels, so I've heard, are a pain in the rump to maintain and keep nice looking. Has anybody polished their wheel and then shot clear coat over them to retail the luster? I know if you shoot it over some things, such as chrome silver paint, it will change the color abit. Chrome silver changes to a bright silver gray that is really a neat color for truck wheels and such but what does it do to polished alumin?  :-\ :-\
AL

Theres a reason why the wheels on our bikes are not coated...my guess is, that it has something to do with the difference between Billet Alum. and what ever grade these wheels are....every other piece of Billet alum. on my bike was coated...and the wheels were not....what I would like to know, is, are the polished wheels on a spec 3 coated...and if so, with what

hooter

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »

I don't know either if their coated or not but I guess when it warms up abit I'll try to do one and find out. Get a used wheel, polish one side, spray it and see if it discolors, if not, set it outside in the weather and see how it does and reacts. Maybe somebody else will chime in that's tried it and save me some time.
Thanks Brian for the reply
Al

xriderintx

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »

I noticed that when I put a light coat of wax on my polished forks and wheels the shine last a little longer..cuts down the oxidation considerably..I ride on the beach probably every weekend..so I have to stay on top of it even more..usually I just get some eagle one "never dull" and it cleans up like new..Cool vids bgreer..I tried spraying clear on some mirrors I had and they lasted a little while but the rust still came back..guess youd have to prep the wheels really good and use a high quality clear to seal out oxidation.
03 1800c.. 6degree trees,cp punisher bars,corbin gunslinger,v&h bigshots,xchop

bgreer

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »

I noticed that when I put a light coat of wax on my polished forks and wheels the shine last a little longer..cuts down the oxidation considerably..I ride on the beach probably every weekend..so I have to stay on top of it even more..usually I just get some eagle one "never dull" and it cleans up like new..Cool vids bgreer..I tried spraying clear on some mirrors I had and they lasted a little while but the rust still came back..guess youd have to prep the wheels really good and use a high quality clear to seal out oxidation.

I use McGuires Gold Class and like I said in the video, it last about a month without significant breakdown...I just wait till its rainy or cold and polish them again....if you spent 30 min. in my house with Patti, my mother-in-law and Patti's daughter and her 2 yr. old...you'd be out in the shop with me polishing bikes...Oh, and I do have a lock on the inside

hooter

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:23 PM »

I use McGuires Gold Class and like I said in the video, it last about a month without significant breakdown...I just wait till its rainy or cold and polish them again....if you spent 30 min. in my house with Patti, my mother-in-law and Patti's daughter and her 2 yr. old...you'd be out in the shop with me polishing bikes...Oh, and I do have a lock on the inside

Understood and symphonize completely.  ;D O0 O0 ;D O0

Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal