Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stripped....  (Read 3239 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Stripped....
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 03:07:23 PM »

So how does the new seat ride?? That is what I want to know!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

VTXGRL

• Old Timer
  • Grapevine
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 04:45:41 PM »

Didn't get butt burn till about 60 miles I figure!  It was great!  He could have even gone a little lower tho.  Maybe I'll send it back for an adjustment after he starts doing the custom seat covers.

Back to the butt burn, now I can ride all the way up to Clark's BBQ and not have to do the seat squirm at 70mph  ;D
“You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas”
~ Davy Crockett
2006 VTX 1300R candy black cherry

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »

Didn't get butt burn till about 60 miles I figure!  It was great!  He could have even gone a little lower tho.  Maybe I'll send it back for an adjustment after he starts doing the custom seat covers.

Back to the butt burn, now I can ride all the way up to Clark's BBQ and not have to do the seat squirm at 70mph  ;D
  I remember those Butt Burning days of old!! lol I had a 1996 Honda VT1100 Spirit that I rode one time 9 hours straight and only time I got off the bike was to refuel and get a snack. When I got where I was going it took my about 3 hours to get any feeling back into my butt!!  lol THE GOOD OLE DAYS!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

Butt burn, :o :o Oh some of you children should gather around the campfire sometime and hear some tales from yester years from some of us older riders when nobody knew what a custom seat was. It came on the bike and that was the BOARD you sat on. That was just the way it was  O0 Mile after mile, one cheek to the other. Now that was fun :'( :'( It took weeks to get the feeling almost back to normal some of the time.  ;D ;D ;D
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 09:50:31 PM »

You can get a 6mm Torx drive and tap it in with a hammer. It looks like allen wrench except it has pointed edges around it. If it's stripped to bad you may have to get a 7mm size and drive it in with a hammer. When you get the bolt out and your seat redone I suggest you do this mod listed below. You'll never have this problem again

http://www.bareasschoppers.com/
On the left side of the page scroll down to seat modifications. That will do the trick.
Al
HOOTER, BROTHER!!!! i owe you a 
next time i see you. that link you posted saved my Cranberries. i just bought some new chrome switch housings. i couldn't remember how everything went back together. there's a lot of nooks and crannies in there and my turn signal switch kept getting stuck because i thought i could get away with not puting all the lil brackets that hold the wires in place back in. that link had a perfect picture of the inside. now everthing is back together and looks great  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:52:52 PM by justin69 »

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 10:01:19 PM »

Glad you went there and got things goin your way. When we crusin? Work next weekends, but----------- O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal