Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone know where I can find Santa on short notice?  (Read 1661 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Anyone know where I can find Santa on short notice?
« on: December 20, 2006, 02:54:37 AM »

My sister, 36 years of age, passed away today.  Developed several blood clots in the neck and chest, caused her to have a massive heart attack.  Karen leaves behind a 14 year-old son, and a 9 year-old son.  She was in recovery for about 2 years, and was doing great.  After all she had gone through, we all believed that she was getting a second chance to do right.  She was holding down a job, doing well at it, and was raising the 2 boys on her own.  Due to her circumstances, job opportunities were not all that great, but someone gave her a chance, and she was making the most of it.  We (brothers and sister), are all scrounging at Christmas now, to bury our sister.  I know it is too late to catch any of the toy runs and Blue Knights.  If any of you are able to help see that these kids could enjoy their Christmas after burying Karen, I can not express our families gratitude.  Your prayers for the boys are the most important:  to be able to accept and understand, to be able to get through this, and to know that God has not left them alone.  We are just crushed, shocked, and overwhelmed at the moment.  An out-of-state funeral just was not in any of our Christmas plans.  I know it seems strange, but I feel some better just getting some of this out.  Services will hopefully be able to be worked-out for Friday.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

bgreer

Re: Anyone know where I can find Santa on short notice?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:07:23 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this Dwayne, you and your family are in our prayers. Call me today..I won't know till tommorrow how much Patti and I can help, but we will do as much as we can.
Bryan & Patti

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 05:39:52 AM »

Dwayne,

I really don't know of anything to say that can help a heartache like this. Just know that ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

I would love to help try and brighten the boys Christmas. If you can give us an address or let us know what's going to work best for you and your family, ie...cash, gift cards etc. Just let us know.

Bill

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 05:51:03 AM »

Dwayne, either post here or call me.  Bubba and I can help.  962-5440
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 09:20:05 AM »

As I feel really odd even asking for any help, I am totally unwilling to dictate what anyone can send to help.  Gift cards, cash, merchandise, etc. are all very much appreciated.  It is only because of the true feeling of family that I have been the recipient of from you all that I even considered posting all this.  Tina & I have decided that whatever is given from the X RIDERS will be matched 100% by us.  Certainly an unexpected out-go of cash, but it is only right for the boys.  Please PM me, and I will forward our home address to you.  Once again, simple thanks is just not enough.  You can not imagine the awe we feel from getting help from people we have known for only a short time.  God Bless, and I can tell you, something like this at this time of year is an emotional roller-coaster.  Certainly shifts the focus of Christmas to making certain that we make it as good for others (the boys) as possible.  After making several toy runs over the years and various fund raising rides for charity, it is quite a strange feeling when you yourself are on the other end.
Ronald Reagan

Tank

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:33:31 AM »

PM'd you. Can they have paintball stuff?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 10:38:09 AM by Tank »

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 11:14:10 AM »

PM'd you. Can they have paintball stuff?

For the older, yes.  The younger, probably a stretch for him...he's pretty dangerous as it is! ;D

Just kidding...anything is appreciated.  As I will tell them, a gift is just that - a token of care, compassion, and a desire to make you smile!
Ronald Reagan

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 11:59:25 AM »

All gifts are from GOD! PM me with an address and me and my family will help out all we can. GOD BLESS!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 02:41:20 PM »

Been gone for awhile.

I am so sorry to hear of your lose. All will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

hillcountryrider

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sister Bro', life just sucks at times....... My wife and I can send you help and I will PM you.

You stated that your sister had two years of recovery ..... I am guessing that you mean recovery from alcohol and drugs ......... That is way cool and y'all should be very proud of her for making that huge ( and difficult) change in her life before it was too late....... I myself have ten years of recovery and I am so grateful for this.

Our prayers go out to you and your family.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 09:39:25 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sister Bro', life just sucks at times....... My wife and I can send you help and I will PM you.

You stated that your sister had two years of recovery ..... I am guessing that you mean recovery from alcohol and drugs ......... That is way cool and y'all should be very proud of her for making that huge ( and difficult) change in her life before it was too late....... I myself have ten years of recovery and I am so grateful for this.

Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Proud of her is an understatement.  Karen did a complete u-turn in life.  I am so happy that her boys got a chance to know the Karen that we all knew, and that they were able to bring her all the highs and lows one could ask for!  She was so proud of her self for this change and was actually one of the major topics with the rest of us, as in, "thanks for not giving up on me", "thanks for pushing me", and my favorite, "thanks for diapproving of my habit, letting me know you did, and loving me in spite of it".  It is not an easy battle, I know.  It leaves scars.  It makes us better people: more accepting, more forgiving, and more understanding.  Thanks for your vomments.
Ronald Reagan

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »

dwayne, just recently got to meet you on your "thanksgiving ride". so sorry to hear of your loss. shoot me a PM and we'll do the rest. take care and be safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:55:58 PM »

WOW........I am real sorry for your loss.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

lizard23

• Tejano
  • Baytown, Tx.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it. I'm leaving for Kansas in the Morning. Leave your phone # on a PM back to me so we can talk. Sorry to hear what is going on.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 11:16:33 PM »

I sent you a PM. Let me know if you got it. I'm leaving for Kansas in the Morning. Leave your phone # on a PM back to me so we can talk. Sorry to hear what is going on.

Got the PM, and have replied, Chip. 
Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal