Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Putting Retro Handlebars on A C Model, 1800 that is....  (Read 3239 times)

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
Re: Putting Retro Handlebars on A C Model, 1800 that is....
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 06:45:56 AM »

so i guess the "untrained and uneducated mechanics" were correct when they said they couldn't do the job?
not trying to start anything, but there are plenty of well trained mechanics that work at dealerships and some not so good mechanics as well. it's all to often we hear or read about the horror stories, but very rarely do we hear about the positive experiences. my point is this, where ever it is you plan on taking your business, do a little research. after a bad experience at a local dealer, i've made it a point to talk to the mechanics that will be working on my bike, most have been more than willing to answer my questions.
just a thought and good luck with the swap.   

I will give you this....I did speak out of frustration in that they kept my bike for 2 weeks and then told me it was too complicated for them. Knowing that untrained mechanics are doing this conversion all over the VTXOA board themselves I still find it hard to believe that Joe Harrison could not do it. Having said that, Alamo Cycle Plex has done several of these conversions and they are the ones that are going to do the conversion. I have spoken with the team there and they knew exactly what I was talking about. The frustration came from a group of seasoned mechanics that could not do a basic "mechanical" job.  Good pointer to speak with them instead of ASSUMING they know the job.

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

kenseisama

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 04:30:33 PM »

Anyone on this board done this? I thought the dealership would have been capable of such a menial task. Boy, that is what I get for thinking. They had my bike 2 weeks and could not get it done. I have the aeromach 6" risers, so I ordered the Valkerie cables as I have read to do. They say that they could not get it to work. I now realize that they don't have mechanics working for them, but they have uneducated and untrained folks doing the maintanance on our bikes. So, what I need is for someone who has done this to walk me through it. By the way the dealer I am speaking of is JOE HARRISON MOTORSPORTS.

If you ever need to take your X to a dealer, take it to the Honda place in New Braunfels (35 North Honda).  These folks know what they're doing.  It's right off the freeway on the north side of town.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 09:47:11 PM »

I will give you this....I did speak out of frustration in that they kept my bike for 2 weeks and then told me it was too complicated for them. Knowing that untrained mechanics are doing this conversion all over the VTXOA board themselves I still find it hard to believe that Joe Harrison could not do it. Having said that, Alamo Cycle Plex has done several of these conversions and they are the ones that are going to do the conversion. I have spoken with the team there and they knew exactly what I was talking about. The frustration came from a group of seasoned mechanics that could not do a basic "mechanical" job.  Good pointer to speak with them instead of ASSUMING they know the job.

that was exactly what i did as well, assumed they knew what they were doing. live and learn i guess. good to see you found someone who can get it done. good luck and ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 11:47:19 AM »

Made the Change now the pics.......

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:54:11 PM by smooth x »

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 06:30:04 PM »

Made the Change now the pics.......

Those red X's realy look great!!!! I wish I could post pics.  I can't see the pics.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »

Fixed them had to change locations. Look 2 posts up from this one for the pics.

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal