Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Face covers - winter riding  (Read 1327 times)

hangman

• Old Timer
Face covers - winter riding
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »

There was a post on here for some thing that could be worn as any thing from a turtle neck or Dew rag (parden the spelling - I have some one on my rear all the time about that. ) on up to a full face and neck covering.  I can't remember the name of the thing but we've had several strings with the web site for it.

I just can't seem to find it.  I have some one at work looking for some thing they can wear under his helmet.

any one out there remember?

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Face covers - winter riding
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:44:18 AM »

It's called a balaclava. I think mine came from Academy; just about any outdoor-oriented business should carry them.
02 1800C

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:35:04 AM »

How cold did it get last night down ya'lls way? It made 13 here. The X fired up (but I didn't go anywhere ::)) on the first shot, as usual, just turned over reeeeaall slow before catching!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:01:45 PM »

there's a company called sharma or sharpa or something that makes rider specific stuff like balaclavas, neck/chest warmers. PM niterider, he's got one and likes it. they're sorta windproof.

hillcountryrider

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:22:18 PM »

These are two sites that Jerry posted a while back ........ maybe this will help  O0

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=6CBED7F8-E47C-415F-840C-33E90255863A  Thin is key here for a full face helmet

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=6356&str=13&ID=957761090  This one for 40 degrees & below but it makes my helmet fit tight because of its thickness.

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »

Thanks guys - I may have to look into getting one of these myself.

Snake -  got to 23 degrees at DFW Airport - but the temp gauge on the rearview said 24.

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 02:35:29 PM »

I have one that is a wrap around and velcrows together in the back. It's a thick material and I don't recommend it. It covers from right under my eyes down to below my collar. It has a slit for my mouth and nose but I can't wear it because when I exhale my glasses fog up. And no, I'm not sticking a tube in my mouth to breath through. I usually just wrap it around my neck to protect my throat. Not sure why but my throat gets painfully cold fast if I don't cover it.

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:28:54 PM »

Academy sports has a product that we have found useful--it's a fleece neck gaitor/hat that can be used for a neck covering/face covering/hat. Very warm and my wife and I will never leave home without them in cold weather. Best thing is they're only $3.99

POPS

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »

it's from a company called H.A.D. head covers, it's like a tube, can be a neckwarmer, face cover, scarf, etc., a buddy of mine ordered one the other day, if i knew how to i would include the link, you can google it :D ???
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

Dusty

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »

it's from a company called H.A.D. head covers, it's like a tube, can be a neckwarmer, face cover, scarf, etc., a buddy of mine ordered one the other day, if i knew how to i would include the link, you can google it :D ???

From a guy that can tear a car apart and put it back together with his eyes closed. BUT...He can't copy and paste?  Don't feel bad Arnold, I just posted my first pic in three years yesterday.  :'(

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »

From a guy that can tear a car apart and put it back together with his eyes closed. BUT...He can't copy and paste?  Don't feel bad Arnold, I just posted my first pic in three years yesterday.  :'(

I do believe you guys hit on the one I was originally looking for - there has been a lot of good info I can use as my wife loosens the purse strings.  Problem is I run through my budge funds so early in the year.

Thanks all.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal