Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone on here use a CPAP?  (Read 2708 times)

hillcountryrider

Anyone on here use a CPAP?
« on: November 29, 2006, 03:02:29 PM »

just wondering................ if so ............ how long and was it worth it ?

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: Anyone on here use a CPAP?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:18 PM »

???

Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

hillcountryrider

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:18:38 PM »

???

cpap (continous positive air pressure)...... it is used for diagnosed sleep apnea .

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:29:55 PM »

I see it all the time in Doctors offices....  My Father in Law swears by his.  I think it takes a little getting used to for you and your bed mate but have heard nothing but great things about the machine and the quality of sleep one gets using it.  Just my .02. 

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »

Works like a charm.  A bit hard to get accustomed to.  Also bulky if you plan to travel with it.  Too damn expensive.  That said, when you get used to it, you will get some of the best rest you have had in years.  You will not mind the price so much and your neighbors will thank you for not sounding like a Top Fuel Dragster, or a Honda. ;D ;D

Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

FatDaddy

• Old Timer
  • FORT WORTH
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »

i had a friend in high school use one for a while but they said it was just a temp fix until he could schedule surgery for sleep apnea.
"WHAT THE DUECE!?!."
"I am the BAD thing that happens to GOOD people!"

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »

Got one, tried for 2 weeks but could not get use to it.  Sets on the closet shelf.

hillcountryrider

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 04:34:14 PM »

Works like a charm.  A bit hard to get accustomed to.  Also bulky if you plan to travel with it.  Too damn expensive.  That said, when you get used to it, you will get some of the best rest you have had in years.  You will not mind the price so much and your neighbors will thank you for not sounding like a Top Fuel Dragster, or a Honda. ;D ;D

YEP .....my wife says I sound like a helicopter landing on the roof of our house ........  ;) ;) ;) ....... I have been using it now for a week ........ am not quite used to it, but it is getting better ...... had the sleep study done and te Doc said that I stopped breathing approx. 62 times an hour  :o :o :o ........ DAMN no wonder I feel so damn tired all of the time  :o :o :o

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »

I've had one for 2 years.  It was expensive, but insurance paid for most of it.  It takes a few weeks to get used to it, but it is worth it.  No more falling asleep at work, driving or on the couch when I get home from work.  I still use the "ramp" feature which allows the unit to start out at a low speed and slowly increase its pressure until it reaches its designated level.  If you have one with the humidifier, keep the water filled to the proper level.  I only use the heat when it gets really cold out.  A cool thing about it is that you can pull the blankets over your head and sleep, because you have an air supply!  No more cold  nights.

You will get used to it, so much that you will not want to sleep without it.  I get more sleep and feel rested in the morning.  No more hitting the snooze button 5 or 6 times.

Justin VTX

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

nThe sleep study showed I stopped breathing about 45 times a minute; each "stop" lasted 15- 25 seconds.  Once I got used to it I woke up far more refreshed.  Just do it.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

hillcountryrider

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »

nThe sleep study showed I stopped breathing about 45 times a minute; each "stop" lasted 15- 25 seconds.  Once I got used to it I woke up far more refreshed.  Just do it.

yep ....... I am going to stick with it ........I get to sleep in bed with my wife again....... as well as....... I already think that I feel a difference in the way that I feel......... I wake up  in the morning feeling alert as opposed to struggling for an hour to wake up ....

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 07:09:28 PM »

:) Dan, Unless I don't understand what ya'll are talking about, there seems to be something wrong with the math. :)

Jerry :)

Jerry, the times add up; it was still daylight savings time.
2006 Goldwing Nav

hillcountryrider

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 07:10:19 PM »

:) Dan, Unless I don't understand what ya'll are talking about, there seems to be something wrong with the math. :)

yep Jerry, ......he meant in an hour  :) :)

hillcountryrider

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 07:13:33 PM »

they never told me at the sleep lab what the durations were , coarse I didn't hear much else after he told me I stopped breathing 62 times an hour  :o :o :o

I go back to see the pulmonologist in January and then I am going to ask to see the full report ......

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »

yep Jerry, ......he meant in an hour  :) :)

Oh yea; duh.  I must have been passing a brainstone.
2006 Goldwing Nav
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal