Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: stebel horn  (Read 3872 times)

scottyb1

• Tejano
stebel horn
« on: May 04, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »

I am looking for some help mounting a stebel horn on a 1300C. willing to pay for his time,Thanks Scottyb1

P.S. I am in the houston area
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 01:24:29 PM by scottyb1 »
2005 VTX 1300C, candy apple red leatherlyke bags,mustang seat,,honda line deluxe sissy bar,memphis windshield,lots of chrome, mustang tank bib.kuryakyn highway pegs, kuryakyn wide style levers.Jug huggers,K&N air filter

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
Re: stebel horn
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:10:47 PM »

Talk to pepsX...his company makes a bracket for them!!!!!
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »

I told him i would help him out if no one else would, im really busy with lots of projects helping other out, trying to jam it all in to help everyone is just impossible. I am not the only one who know how to do this stuff, not sure why im always mentioned when someone needs help.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Swampfox

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:53:49 PM »

I told him i would help him out if no one else would, im really busy with lots of projects helping other out, trying to jam it all in to help everyone is just impossible. I am not the only one who know how to do this stuff, not sure why im always mentioned when someone needs help.

Well, if you weren't a post whore you could get more done.................

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:45:26 PM »

Well, if you weren't a post whore you could get more done.................

Ouch! But I did notice you let him pass you Swampy. What's up with that?

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »

I hate to ask, but what you got in the trunk? 

*Closet Darksider*

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 08:28:25 AM »

Kinda looks like it belongs to a itialian mafia dude gone biker..... ;)

*Closet Darksider*

scottyb1

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »

I am looking for some help mounting a stebel horn on a 1300C. willing to pay for his time,Thanks Scottyb1

well i mounted my horn today and i have to say it was much easier than it seems, a special thanks to RealBob, I followed his instructions,once i got into it was a piece of cake. Also thanks to Pepsx he explained it to me when i picked up on of his brackets, A BIG THANKS TO ALL. Oh does anyone know if the bracket works on a 1800?
2005 VTX 1300C, candy apple red leatherlyke bags,mustang seat,,honda line deluxe sissy bar,memphis windshield,lots of chrome, mustang tank bib.kuryakyn highway pegs, kuryakyn wide style levers.Jug huggers,K&N air filter

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

well i mounted my horn today and i have to say it was much easier than it seems, a special thanks to RealBob, I followed his instructions,once i got into it was a piece of cake. Also thanks to Pepsx he explained it to me when i picked up on of his brackets, A BIG THANKS TO ALL. Oh does anyone know if the bracket works on a 1800?

yes, it works the same on 1300 and 1800's
glad you got it mounted and wired ok.

www.pepsX.com

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 08:54:54 PM »

Dan, Swampy was remarkably coherent when he got in this thread and said you'd have more time to help if you wasn't such a post whore! I think the doctors need to study you as a possible cure for west nile!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

cantex

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 06:45:13 AM »

It's cuz you have the most posts......whore.
what a long strange trip it's been

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 07:02:06 AM »

It's cuz you have the most posts......whore.

ok, i helped him out cuz none of you other flakes would. a guy asks for help and this board goes silent (crickets chirping) :-X
hmm, just this week ive helped jason install new wheel bearings, Gabe with the 240 kit, scottyb1 with the stebel horn, and posted over 40 posts and its only tuesday, so get off my back you cheese head, and hey! are you legal anyway? ;D ;D ;D

www.pepsX.com

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »

pepsX I only recommended you because you made the bracket for the stebel horn, so therefore I thought you would also know how to mount it on an X. I didn't mean to "stick" it to you, or cause any hardship. I just thought you could help Scottyb1 is all.
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 09:03:55 AM »

pepsX I only recommended you because you made the bracket for the stebel horn, so therefore I thought you would also know how to mount it on an X. I didn't mean to "stick" it to you, or cause any hardship. I just thought you could help Scottyb1 is all.

no problem, i helped him out with some advice, he got it done just fine.

as a side note:
I would like to see the concept of tech sessions blossom out to be something like this.
the ones who know how to do the job shows someone who dont, then they in turn pass on to the next new person. pretty soon we all gain the knowledge to do all the standard stuff, oil changes, valve adjustments, coolant change ect. i have a problem with people who want everything done for free for them, but are unwilling to learn how or dont care to learn how to do it. and beleive me, we have had a few like that at the Houston tech sessions. I have had a few ask if they could just drop off their bike durring the session and pick it up later when the work is done. IMO, they should take their bike to the dealer and pay to get it done.

www.pepsX.com

1shot1kill

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:28 AM »

WOW  Dan, you snapped to that real quick.

Man has a mind like a steel trap.
All of the tech. sessions I have been to or even heard about seem to be an excuse to drink beer and get free work done to your bike.  Nice gig if you can get it done.
I think the way it should be done is like Hipshot does it.  You can come and drink the beer and eat the food and WATCH or help while he works on his bike and learn how to do the job yourself.  Then you work on your own bike and get the help you need to do the job riight.
There are some who like to work on other peoples bikes for free.  Good deal.  But do'nt expect it to happen everytime.
With that said, I hope to go to Gabe's tech session and visit with Angie while Gabe cleans my bike.  LOL
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal