Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New BS law to tax you more  (Read 3880 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
New BS law to tax you more
« on: October 31, 2006, 10:24:19 PM »

Judy said this was going to happen. As of October 1 when you buy a vehicle from a private party there will be a minimum sales tax you will pay no matter what you paid for it. It will be at least 80% of what the blue book value is. I asked what about if it was wrecked and was told didn;t matter. I will try to post the form I was handed.

If you think about it is a perffect place for them to tax ad there is no organized group (at least not one I know of) to complain about it. It will be up to individuals.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
Re: New BS law to tax you more
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:19:11 AM »

may be to late Becca :'(
'02 C with a few extras

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:11:29 AM »

my luck >:( >:( >:(
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:11:58 AM »

It was put in place to help cover some of the school tax cut passed earlier this year. I have never figured out why the sale of vehicles gets taxed over and over, every time the car/truck sells. That being said, the change in this tax only affects those that would lie about what they paid for a used car, when that vehicle was bought from a private owner. It won't affect me, and I am happy for my $2000 annual savings on these damn Round Rock school taxes!  O0 Your experience may vary...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

etxvtx

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:33:28 AM »

It was put in place to help cover some of the school tax cut passed earlier this year. I have never figured out why the sale of vehicles gets taxed over and over, every time the car/truck sells. That being said, the change in this tax only affects those that would lie about what they paid for a used car, when that vehicle was bought from a private owner. It won't affect me, and I am happy for my $2000 annual savings on these damn Round Rock school taxes!   Your experience may vary...

What $2000 tax cut? Might want to check your tax statement a little closer. Three year phase in or not, we'll never see a dimes reduction. Another Perry lie...

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:49:49 AM »

What $2000 tax cut? Might want to check your tax statement a little closer. Three year phase in or not, we'll never see a dimes reduction. Another Perry lie...

My Round Rock school taxes are dropping from $6,000/yr. to $4,000. That's $2,000, according to my calculator.

Still too damn much for a guy with no kids, but it's a start. Now if they can get a cap on appraisal hikes, they will really be making strides in tax reform.

Your experience may vary.....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Gothicguy

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 07:53:26 AM »

The crazy part to me is that we started a lotto in Texas to pay for schools.  The money still goes there, but money that was going there got redirected.  Once redirected, it never came back, and now they need more money for schools again.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 08:34:21 AM »

It's probably to try and get more money to pay the teachers better.  Many are leaving.  There are so many punks kids today with parents that could careless so it's left up to the teachers to be their parent.  It's only getting worse.
Chunk the llama.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 08:42:02 AM »

90% of them need a "real" Board of Education. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »

I met that Board of Education a few times.
Chunk the llama.

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:58:53 AM »

I met that Board of Education a few times.

+1

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »

As long as we're talking about schools, and punks, did anyone in CenTex see what happened to Tommy's school in Blanco? Vandals broke in and flooded parts of the school, including the gym floor, which has to be replaced. I bet he's glad this is his last year...  :o
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 10:22:50 AM »

It's probably to try and get more money to pay the teachers better.  Many are leaving.  There are so many punks kids today with parents that could careless so it's left up to the teachers to be their parent.  It's only getting worse.

yeah, you should be out here in the trenches. I've got a parent pissed because her kid got......wait for it.....a 90!!!!!

at least she cared. I failed some kids (how hard is it to fail band?) and heard nothing.

oh, and the 80% thing is real. even if they forget to ask you at the DMV they'll hold it up in process until you pay the full amount. and they'll just bill you until you pay up.  so don't buy anything that's worth much right now.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »

People who directly affect our lives and futures; teachers, firemen, cops, paramedics and others, often struggle to survive. The money's just not there. But we can find the money to pay millions to athletes and actors whose sole contribution to our society is a little entertainment. We can find millions to subsidize illegal aliens. And people say we don't have our priorities straight.
02 1800C

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 02:18:17 PM »

I'm not against teachers getting paid more. My problem is the correlation of property value to school taxes owed. What does the size/location of my house have to do with how much I should contribute to the education of this country's youth? I think a far more equitable solution is to have a base rate for every tax payer in a school district, and if you have children of school age, you pay more for each child. As soon as the kid graduates, your bill reverts back. We all benefit from an educated populace, but why shouldn't a portion of the bill be borne solely by the folks that are actually using the resource?

just my $0.02...  O0
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal