Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible move to the area  (Read 1543 times)

hutchjc1

Possible move to the area
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:12:40 AM »

Hi guys and gals,

My wife and I are looking at possibly relocating to the San Antonio area, I have been offered a job at SWRI. Anyone here work there or know anything about them ? Any suggestions for locations to look for a home, I would like at least an acre, more would be fine, what areas would give a 30 to 40 minute commute as a maximum, I would like to be out of town in a country like area. I would guess 250 to 350 k price range. How is the gerenal cost of living for the area ? It seems that housing is a little less than here in Maryland, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
P.S. I have an 03 1800 C and the wife has a V rod.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
Re: Possible move to the area
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:17:50 AM »

Hi guys and gals,

My wife and I are looking at possibly relocating to the San Antonio area, I have been offered a job at SWRI. Anyone here work there or know anything about them ? Any suggestions for locations to look for a home, I would like at least an acre, more would be fine, what areas would give a 30 to 40 minute commute as a maximum, I would like to be out of town in a country like area. I would guess 250 to 350 k price range. How is the gerenal cost of living for the area ? It seems that housing is a little less than here in Maryland, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

PM me your phone number, and a good time to have a conversation. I live in San Antonio, and I'm a real estate investor (not Realtor). I might be able to help direct you to the right area's to look.

RD
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »

If you get here welcome to TEXAS!!! You need to contact our Prez. RD he in S.A. and knows every thing. His wife is in realestate. They realy would be a good contact.. Go to the members list and shoot him a line... I am in Temple and tooo far away ot be of anymore help... Hope you find what you want.....
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks,
Jim

PM me your phone number, and a good time to have a conversation. I live in San Antonio, and I'm a real estate investor (not Realtor). I might be able to help direct you to the right area's to look.

RD
TOOOOOO FAST FOR THIS SLOW GUY RD :-[ :-[
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »

What part of Texas is Maryland in?  :D

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:16:17 PM »

Silly.... Maryland is located in this other country, called the US. Not bad, but not Texas...  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 02:48:43 PM »

Just outside the border, a little NE of Jefferson.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks,
Jim

First, welcome to the board and I hope you find San Antonio to your liking.  As to homes, we are a lot less than Maryland in general though our lot sizes tend to be smaller than people moving here expect.  As RD said, he knows a great Realtor who also handled a transaction for my in laws; I can recommend her without reservation.  About 2 years ago this time of year, I relocated to Bethesda for a few months.  As I gazed upon the miles and miles of beautiful scenery, the idea of buying a motorcycle began to take hold.  Again, welcome.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks,
Jim

uh oh Dont let Jerry near that V-Rod.....

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

hutchjc1

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 02:22:15 PM »

Anyone work for or know much about SWRI ?

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 02:24:34 PM »

Anyone work for or know much about SWRI ?

Are you talking about Southwest Research Institute? If so, I knew someone about 15 yrs ago, but, no one currently.
04' Honda VTX 1800C

RedKnight

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »

I moved from Maryland to the Houston area about 5 years ago and have never looked back.

If you currently live anywhere in the DC or Baltimore area, you will find housing to be dirt cheap in comparison. In fact if you've owned a house in MD during the last 5-10 years you should be able to pay cash for whatever you want in TX with the equity.  If I were to move back to MD, I wouldn't even be able to afford to buy back the house I use to have there. 

Good luck with the move!

hutchjc1

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 02:57:26 PM »

Yes, Southwest research institute, anyone, anyone ?

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 11:58:12 PM »

;D Welcome to the real world, and RD is your best contact!!  Are u really a yankee? Did u use a trailer and all? Ole well, at least ur not from California, glad to see ya hear, from the Texas Georgia Boy.... O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal