Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another cell phone tote'n cager bi*otch  (Read 1453 times)

Dusty

Another cell phone tote'n cager bi*otch
« on: October 28, 2006, 06:09:00 AM »

Coming home from a friends house last night about 8:30 I had to take a different route because of high water and closed roads.

Even 105 had some water over it just East of Sour Lake but that was my only choice if I was going to go home.

I want to thank the people that were in to big of a hurry to slow down as they went through the water. I thoroughly enjoyed the cool invigorating bath ya'll gave me!  ;D

Anyway about the bi*otch. I'm sitting in the turn lane of 105 at the intersection of Tram road. (no, not Vidor)
105 is 4 lanes wide, well lite and I'm the only one sitting in the turn lane with my blinker on. My light changes and I take off to make the left turn. A woman approaches from the opposite direction to make a right. Never Stopped and obviously never looked. Cut right across in front of me. I saw she wasn't looking and slowed my turn but didn't stop. When she finally saw me, my front tire was about 3 feet from her drivers door and my headlight was directly in her eyes as she turned to look at me. She looked like a blinded deer and road rage consumed my frigid butt.
She never took the phone from her ear.  >:(
I got right on her a$$, flicking my brights off and on. She made the mistake of stopping as she turned into the first road from the intersection.
She now knows what I think of her driving skills, her ability to talk and drive as well as her status in the human race.

Surely she peed herself because I was screaming so loud at her I've got a soar throat this morning. AND....She never took the phone from her ear.  >:(

What's really sad is the dumbass probably still doesn't understand what she did except encounter a crazy biker.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: Another cell phone tote'n cager bi*otch
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:01:32 AM »

What's really sad is the dumbass probably still doesn't understand what she did except encounter a crazy biker.

You are probably right about that. Glad you were not hurt. That is the most important thing.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

Glad to see you are OK other wise.

You should have taken her phone and explain to the person she was talking to what she did. Maybe they could have explained it to her later...  ::)

Then I would have finished Screaming at her..
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

I was almost taken out last week when a moron would put down the damn phone to make a turn >:(

Used one hand a went so wide into my lane >:(
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 06:06:11 PM »

I got clipped by an idiot making a left turn coming towards me.  Luckly I was only going 50mph >:( when he missed my front wheel, went through the crash bar and hit the cylinder.  Thank God I was riding a sideways baby VTX (MotoGuzzi) at the time or I'd be minus a left leg from the knee down.  I flew through my windshield , but missed the car and stopped quite a ways from the impact. 

Got up, picked up the bike and rode it 150 miles to get home (after getting a police report and letting the moron know what I thought about him and his anscesters. >:(

Was lucky that I'd gone over 180 miles that day before the accident and it was 35 degrees out.  Full face helmet and a bunch o layers of warm clothing saved my Cranberries.

He gave me 1200 bucks for the 400 dollar bike and I rebuilt it in my living room that winter.

Glad she missed ya!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »

Last night when I went to Sam's Boat I followed what I thought was a DWI down SH242 from FM1485 to IH-45 (about 11 miles). He was all over the road, his speed varied up and down from 60 to 75 (all in a 60mph zone) and he almost rear-ended another car which was doing the speed limit when he ran up behind it. We caught the light at IH-45, and -- you guessed it -- he was yakking on a cellular phone. And I'll guarantee you that guy has no idea how dangerous he is. It's a shame I don't have video on the VTX.
02 1800C

SeaRider

• Old Timer
  • College Station, TX
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 05:54:37 AM »

Hipshot - you should have just shot the SOB and put him out of our misery!   It's gotten to a point where I don't watch cager's front wheels to see what they're going to do  -  I check to see if they're on the cell phone first.  I see a phone at their ear and I back way off. 
2008 Goldwing Level 4 - Dark Red Metallic
2005 VTX 1800F Spec 1 - Silver Tribal
RIDE SAFE  -  RIDE FREE!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 07:32:30 AM »

Last night when I went to Sam's Boat I followed what I thought was a DWI down SH242 from FM1485 to IH-45 (about 11 miles). He was all over the road, his speed varied up and down from 60 to 75 (all in a 60mph zone) and he almost rear-ended another car which was doing the speed limit when he ran up behind it. We caught the light at IH-45, and -- you guessed it -- he was yakking on a cellular phone. And I'll guarantee you that guy has no idea how dangerous he is. It's a shame I don't have video on the VTX.

Jim, When do you think the authorities goning to take this problem seriously? I bet if the question was asked at every accident, "Were you on the phone?", we'd see the true numbers of how dangerous this is. I believe that this is the number 1 cause of after-school accidents/deaths of teenager's today.
It's a shame that people most people rely on laws to gauge the parameter's of their common sense. But, that seems to be the nature of things today. On second thought....it's probably always been that way. Sad. At what cost? :(
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »

Actually, for several years the ST-3 and CRB-3 (those are the old and new accident report forms) have had cellular phone use in the "factors" list. Too many folks who see cellular phone use while driving (and just about anything else you can think of) as a sacred right (I'm always amazed to be reminded that the drafters of our Constitution had the foresight to guarantee your right to use your phone, hundreds of years before the invention). And too many legislators who dare not offend a voter.
02 1800C

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

Cell's just seem to be the newest distraction for drivers. Radios, CB radios, cigarrettes, fast food, make up....I think they're all equally responsible, along with the new tv radios, dvd's etc. There still isn't too much more that will make a cager veer or forget to stop than the old lit cigarrette dropped between his legs! ::) That takes immediate and almost total control of their actions/reactions. Been there...done that!
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 09:54:39 AM »

Cell's just seem to be the newest distraction for drivers. Radios, CB radios, cigarrettes, fast food, make up....I think they're all equally responsible, along with the new tv radios, dvd's etc. There still isn't too much more that will make a cager veer or forget to stop than the old lit cigarrette dropped between his legs! ::) That takes immediate and almost total control of their actions/reactions. Been there...done that!

Couldn't agree more Snake!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 09:56:14 PM »

Couldn't agree more Snake!
UH HUH!! 8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal