Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who forgets to respond to a Jury Summons?  (Read 2530 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Who forgets to respond to a Jury Summons?
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »

I was going through some papers this morning and realized I did not respond to a summons that was sent 2 weeks ago.  It was for Monday, the 8th. What an idiot!!!! How can I keep doing this kind of stupid stuff, no wonder my ex called me Lucy.

The worst part is I have a valid exemption for not going. All I had to do was fill out the paper and send it back. But now it looks like fines could be involved.

So now do I just mail it in with my excuse and hope they think it was just delayed or go up there in person and tell them what an idiot I am and hope they can see it is not an act?

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Who forgets to respond to a Jury Summons?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:42:05 AM »

go straight to jail and do not collect $200....LOL

Heck, I would let it pass unless I received something else in the mail.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »

QUICK!!!Sell everything, change your identity, and catch the first plane to Argentina.
02 1800C

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

I was going through some papers this morning and realized I did not respond to a summons that was sent 2 weeks ago.  It was for Monday, the 8th. What an idiot!!!! How can I keep doing this kind of stupid stuff, no wonder my ex called me Lucy.

The worst part is I have a valid exemption for not going. All I had to do was fill out the paper and send it back. But now it looks like fines could be involved.

So now do I just mail it in with my excuse and hope they think it was just delayed or go up there in person and tell them what an idiot I am and hope they can see it is not an act?

Sherri

If it was just sent to you regular mail, they can't prove you ever received it! If they come back and say anything, just say you have never seen it. All they can do is reschedule you for another day.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »

Sherri

If it was just sent to you regular mail, they can't prove you ever received it! If they come back and say anything, just say you have never seen it. All they can do is reschedule you for another day.

+1...  They can't prove you ever received the summons....  You'll be next in line though for the next round.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:19:00 AM by SouthernXer »

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

QUICK!!!Sell everything, change your identity, and catch the first plane to Argentina.

I would recommend Brazil. Argentinians are very stuck up. Brazil is a more beautiful country  ;D
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

Baren

• Old Timer
  • To want is better than to have
    • http://www.dickcheneygunclub.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 12:37:05 AM »

actually they don't do anything to you ! I never go .Of course I send them a excuse everytime...
BSH111

JRs1300c

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 03:54:08 AM »

I vote for
D: All of the above

:D

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 07:12:47 AM »

ah, so what is your valid excuse??
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 08:58:59 AM »

OR...........if you don't want to be liar, just give them a call and discuss it with them.  I have to have my wife remind me of my duty.  She puts it on our calendar and makes REALLY noticable marks for me. :D  And a note on the back door and garage door.........mirror in the bathroom........   Our law enforcement will come to our house or place of business.   :-[   (Not pleasant)  Joe
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 09:13:52 AM »

You're in Montgomery County, and I don't think they are real tough on people who don't show up. In Harris county, if you don't show up, you will probably get another jury notice within 2 months. This one has a red border, indicating that they are aware you missed your call, along with the punishments availbl if you don't show for the new date, or provide an excuse.
2004 VTX 1800N

Texasheat

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:16 AM »

As reddragon said I would let it pass, they can't prove you ever got it....And if that bothers your conscience then give them a call...  O0

Swampfox

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 01:37:38 PM »

DON'T WANT TO SCARE YOU BUT THE LAW IS CHANGED NOW you can find yourself in contempt of court if you lie to the judge but the Judge want put you on the spot if you get a written excuse from cleck of court. Don't show and you will be on a list of court record of being a missing person and a person on the list will be on record.  If you never go to court this info will be use by the court.

Do what is not is to do what is ever done.  O0

Swampfox

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 01:28:33 AM »

Hope you never let that ever happen again

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »

I would recommend Brazil. Argentinians are very stuck up. Brazil is a more beautiful country  ;D

Itasca is a good place to hide. We have a spare room and my wife is Mayor pro-tem and even the cops will protect you because your staying with us ;D ;D ;D O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal