Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: LEDS Installed  (Read 8810 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: LEDS Installed
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 05:52:14 AM »

Actually, I don't recall ever seeing her ride with them on. As I said, I've never issued a citation for that offense. I have stopped a few and told thm; issued a "verbal warning" as it were. You know, you'd really be amazed at how many people who have a suspended license, or are holding contraband, or have open warrants, or no proof of financial responsibility, or expired registration/inspection, will do something like that to draw attention to temselves.
02 1800C

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2008, 06:06:04 AM »

It's kinda like all the big drug busts on people going down interstate here, driving with lights out, exp plates....Makes you think they shoulda got their AppleSauce straight BEFORE heading out down the road....
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2008, 06:14:33 AM »

Actually, I don't recall ever seeing her ride with them on. As I said, I've never issued a citation for that offense. I have stopped a few and told thm; issued a "verbal warning" as it were. You know, you'd really be amazed at how many people who have a suspended license, or are holding contraband, or have open warrants, or no proof of financial responsibility, or expired registration/inspection, will do something like that to draw attention to temselves.

In the infamous words of Forrest Gump,        "Stupid is - Stupid Does"     ;D ;D ;D

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2008, 07:15:01 AM »

Yeah, another thing that amazes me is how many people hauling felony dope will give you consent to search their vehicle with no hesitation at all.
02 1800C

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

Well the bike sure looks cool with them on it parked or riding! ;D
I am thinking about pulling my orange ones off and putting Green ones on mine. O0

Well I like mine and I will use them when I think to turn them on regardless if it is day or night.

If you make a scene then DPS will give you a ticket for everything they can fine illegal on your bike but if you ride and don't act stupid then most will not bother you.

I think Jim will keep his mouth shut about my LED lights because.....(you finish the sentence)

Hey Jim, I'll give you $20 if you pull Marigold over and give her a ticket!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll let him pull me over and I will take the $20.00.......hehehehehhe

Oh and this is coming from the friend that made my bike go faster....... ;D :D ;D :D

Like I said before if you are stupid enough to do stupid then you deserve a ticket for everything illegal on your bike.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »

Here is something I found.  O0 http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/standout.htm

Thanks for that link Randy. O0
Jim and Snake is killing any bussness I might have had. :D

Rex.....I won't worry too much about losing business.....because those of us that likes them will have them install regardless  if they are illegal or not.

There are some that just because they don't like them think they should not be put on bikes or cars. That is their choice. We all have individual likes and dislikes.

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2008, 08:02:09 AM »

Here is something I found.  O0 http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/standout.htm

Thanks for that link Randy. O0
Jim and Snake is killing any bussness I might have had. :D

Rex.....I won't worry too much about losing business.....because those of us that likes them will have them install regardless  if they are illegal or not.

There are some that just because they don't like them think they should not be put on bikes or cars. That is their choice. We all have individual likes and dislikes.

Yea to what Marigold said  O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »

Hey Jim, I'll give you $20 if you pull Marigold over and give her a ticket!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
That $20 probably won't even cover his co-pay to the doc when he goes in to get the broken bones and bruises tended to  ;D ;D ;D
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »

That $20 probably won't even cover his co-pay to the doc when he goes in to get the broken bones and bruises tended to  ;D ;D ;D

No damage to the body on the outside...............He has to be able to work to make the money for me to have Rex install more LED lights........ ;D ;D ;D

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »

No damage to the body on the outside...............He has to be able to work to make the money for me to have Rex install more LED lights........ ;D ;D ;D

LMAO! ;D ;D
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 01:47:22 PM »

Taz, looking at the new laws iinstituted in 08, and I have found differences from last year. I currently have an email off to the texas motorcycle safety unit, posing the following questions...
"The group I ride with has been trying to determine if the use of led lighting is permissible on their bikes as ornamental lighting on the sides of their bikes, either while riding or parked. Louisiana has laws prohibiting their use while traveling on the highway and will give tickets. What about Texas?. I would also like to know if there is no longer a height above drivers seat requirement  for handlebars like there used to be. I cannot find it in the statutes anymore. Thank you."
That was one (handlebars) of the differences in the new versus old statutes. I believe I still have a PDF file of the 2007 laws at home and will compare the two to make certain which of the old laws have been dropped or changed. I will post more as I glean it.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »

Where did you find the '08 laws Snake?  Got a URL?

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »

Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »

Hijack here for a minute....
Wayner...what does your profile pic represents?  Charlie Brown or a TXDOT warning sign for twisty roads?    ??? ;D
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »

For me? It's a Charlie Brown thing... lol. I always related to him and his bad luck.
Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal