Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: LEDS Installed  (Read 8814 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: LEDS Installed
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »

crow57--you'd lose. The statutes, as John stated, tell you what's allowed. Your citation would be for "equipment not approved by department" and would be pretty hard to beat. You cannot ride with them on, but they are not a violation when you're parked. Unless you really go overboard, or someone is looking for an excuse to tag you, you PROBABLY wouldn't get stopped for them. But, since they aren't legal, you need to be aware of the possibility.

Before someone starts a rant about lost freedoms, you can thank a bunch of defense prostitutes (what y'all call lawyers) for all of these laws.
02 1800C

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »

Well the bike sure looks cool with them on it parked or riding! ;D
I am thinking about pulling my orange ones off and putting Green ones on mine. O0

Well I like mine and I will use them when I think to turn them on regardless if it is day or night.

If you make a scene then DPS will give you a ticket for everything they can fine illegal on your bike but if you ride and don't act stupid then most will not bother you.

I think Jim will keep his mouth shut about my LED lights because.....(you finish the sentence)
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »

Thanks for the info Hipshot... 

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »

Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »

Here is something I found.  O0 http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/standout.htm

Thanks for that link Randy. O0
Jim and Snake is killing any bussness I might have had. :D
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »

Not trying to kill your business, Rex. Just want folks to be aware that they are opening themselves up to the possibility of a citation if thay ride with them on. Being visible is a great idea, but remember -- people also pull out in front of cars, trucks, buses, 18-wheelers, and trains. They always say, "I didn't see him." Some people are driving distracted -- talking to their passenger, talking on a cellular telephone, or even totally absorbed in the music they're playing. Some are daydreaming. Some are drunk or stoned. Some are just terminally stupid, and naturally prone to accidents. All the lights in the world won't protect you from those idiots, and neither will loud pipes. You need to be alert and drive defensively. In that motorcycle pursuit yesterday one chucklehead pulled out in front of the Charger, which BARELY missed him. I can assure you, you won't make a motorcycle as bright as that Whelen strobe bar that's on that Charger, and you won't put anything on it more noticeable than those wigwags, and you won't put pipes on it that are louder than that 100-watt siren. And yet people pull out in front of popo cars running hot on a regular basis. They didn't see it.
02 1800C

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »

Hey, that gives me an idea... The way to avoid getting ticketed for your LED lights is to go 90 mph with a beer in your hand, and try to run when they light you up.  Bet they won't even mention the lights.

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »

Hey, that gives me an idea... The way to avoid getting ticketed for your LED lights is to go 90 mph with a beer in your hand, and try to run when they light you up.  Bet they won't even mention the lights.

Yes sir, I bet you are right there! O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:28 PM »

I am thinking about pulling my orange ones off and putting Green ones on mine. O0

Well I like mine and I will use them when I think to turn them on regardless if it is day or night.

If you make a scene then DPS will give you a ticket for everything they can fine illegal on your bike but if you ride and don't act stupid then most will not bother you.

I think Jim will keep his mouth shut about my LED lights because.....(you finish the sentence)

Hey Jim, I'll give you $20 if you pull Marigold over and give her a ticket!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »

I've never written a citation for that.
02 1800C

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »

I've never written a citation for that.

$20 is $20!  ;D

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:32 PM »

Sorry Taz.. :( once the issue of legality of  LEDs being on while riding came up and was mentioned, I put in what I understand is the law on it. I know a few that have recieved tickets for having them on. I don't know anyone who has fought a ticket for them, so I don't know where the case would go to if the ticket is contested. A couple who got tickets are in our own group... I won't out them, I'll let them chime in if they wish. I love the looks of them, have some I bought to put on but haven't gotten around to putting on. Have seen the ones you installed and would recommend you to install them. But, if asked if they're legal to ride with... :( They are kickass though, and if I had some on, I would run them FOR SURE at night, just in case, even though risking a ticket. That is, if there was nothing illegal on me. I would suggest anyone that carries without a license to not give them the excuse to pull you over.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 02:01:30 AM »

Not trying to kill your business, Rex. Just want folks to be aware that they are opening themselves up to the possibility of a citation if thay ride with them on. Being visible is a great idea, but remember -- people also pull out in front of cars, trucks, buses, 18-wheelers, and trains. They always say, "I didn't see him." Some people are driving distracted -- talking to their passenger, talking on a cellular telephone, or even totally absorbed in the music they're playing. Some are daydreaming. Some are drunk or stoned. Some are just terminally stupid, and naturally prone to accidents. All the lights in the world won't protect you from those idiots, and neither will loud pipes. You need to be alert and drive defensively. In that motorcycle pursuit yesterday one chucklehead pulled out in front of the Charger, which BARELY missed him. I can assure you, you won't make a motorcycle as bright as that Whelen strobe bar that's on that Charger, and you won't put anything on it more noticeable than those wigwags, and you won't put pipes on it that are louder than that 100-watt siren. And yet people pull out in front of popo cars running hot on a regular basis. They didn't see it.

I know Jim.  I was just fing with you man! O0
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »

Hey Jim, I'll give you $20 if you pull Marigold over and give her a ticket!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now that would be funny....LOL... ;D
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 02:06:40 AM »

Sorry Taz.. :( once the issue of legality of  LEDs being on while riding came up and was mentioned, I put in what I understand is the law on it. I know a few that have recieved tickets for having them on. I don't know anyone who has fought a ticket for them, so I don't know where the case would go to if the ticket is contested. A couple who got tickets are in our own group... I won't out them, I'll let them chime in if they wish. I love the looks of them, have some I bought to put on but haven't gotten around to putting on. Have seen the ones you installed and would recommend you to install them. But, if asked if they're legal to ride with... :( They are kickass though, and if I had some on, I would run them FOR SURE at night, just in case, even though risking a ticket. That is, if there was nothing illegal on me. I would suggest anyone that carries without a license to not give them the excuse to pull you over.

It's all good Bro. O0  I was just playing around. ::)
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal