Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: VTX Interstate  (Read 2337 times)

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
VTX Interstate
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:29:50 PM »

A few years ago Honda made the Valkyrie Interstate, a touring motorcycle. What I have seen in pictures is a very cool looking motorcycle, anb because it was a honda I would asume a great motorcycle. My question is, if Honda made a VTX Interstate, would anybody be interested in one and want to own one? I know I would. I think it would be a great adition to the VTX line. Opinions, comments.....
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

jam57

Re: VTX Interstate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »

takes away alot of personalization oppertunities with all that already done.

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:21:11 PM »

I agree, but I think that a VTX Interestae will be very appealing. I imagine it this way:

Stretch it between 5" to 8"
Rack it at the most 5 more degrees.
Hard sadlebags that follow the form of the rear fender of an S or R model
A rear lugage rack
A fairing that follows the lines of the VTX
Make the rider seat about 2" wider and about 1" deeper
a big and plush rear passanger seat and a huge back rest for your lovely lady

It is all but a dream to me, but I think it would be a very beautiful bike and it will give any touring bike in the market a fun for there money.

I have seen some pics of several "VTX Interstate". Some VTX owners have used Harley hard bag saddle bags and a harley or a Valkyrie Interstate fairing to make the transmoration. They look very good.
2005 VTX 1300
K&N Air Filter
Cobra Sissy Bar
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »

Are you coming to BBTIII?  I'll have mine there.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »

I might make it, but just for Saturday. Hope to see you there.
2005 VTX 1300
K&N Air Filter
Cobra Sissy Bar
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:50:22 PM »

Let's apply some CPR to this post I did WAY BACK............I'm still infatuated with the idea of a VTX interstate. I wish I had the money to make my dream come true. I at least can live it through Paul Mott, check his ride out. She sure is pretty.

http://www.xtremerevolution.com/Store/showproduct.aspx?siteid=7&productid=2817

Honda, if you prowl the multiple VTX boards out there. Please pay attention to this post. I wish that you would make a VTX Interstate. If you do, in return I promise I will not buy a HD....................jk  ;).

2005 VTX 1300
K&N Air Filter
Cobra Sissy Bar
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 05:26:17 AM »

I agree that it would be nice to buy an x with the bells and whistles already on it, but that bike is just plain ugly. The fairing looks like it's falling off or doesn't belong. JMO  :)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 07:11:21 AM »

One of the 4 bikes on my recent trip to Michigan's UP was a 2000 Valkyrie, with only 10K miles on the ticker. Very sweet bike. I guess I would recommend, instead of waiting and wishing for Honda to make your dreambike, just get yourself a low mileage Valkyrie. I think you'll still be able to post here!  ;) O0

Here is one with low miles, and comes with it's own trailer that you could sell to Paul!

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/1998-Honda-VALKYRIE-93427957

;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 08:14:37 AM »

Honda does make a 1300/1800 T model.... is that what you mean by an interstate? Comes with bags ,shield,and other goodies.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »

.............. but that bike is just plain ugly. The fairing looks like it's falling off or doesn't belong. JMO  :)

+++++++100,000,000,000. That is one UGLY bike.  O0 O0 I think my 58 Cushman Eagle had more style than that.   :o O0 O0 O0 :o
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »

:'( to each his own...but that bike does not do justice for the VTX.  At first look you would think it was a freaking H-bike or different  metric brand because of the pipes.  I would invision a VTX Interstate to have some of the bells & whistles if a wing; but keep the cruiser/tourer look.   O0 And yes, a nice comfortable place for momma to ride.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

lowvol

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »

Why not just get a Valkyrie Interstate? It's faster, more stable at speed and has all the reliability you would want. As an owner of both a VTX and a Valkyrie, I like each for its special features and uniqueness. If you live in the DFW area, there are many Valks and always one for sale somewhere in this great country called Texas.... 8)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »

Why not just get a Valkyrie Interstate? It's faster, more stable at speed and has all the reliability you would want. As an owner of both a VTX and a Valkyrie, I like each for its special features and uniqueness. If you live in the DFW area, there are many Valks and always one for sale somewhere in this great country called Texas.... 8)

I think a very wise man said the same:

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=199.msg91382#msg91382

O0

Welcome to the board!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »

A few years ago Honda made the Valkyrie Interstate, a touring motorcycle. What I have seen in pictures is a very cool looking motorcycle, anb because it was a honda I would asume a great motorcycle. My question is, if Honda made a VTX Interstate, would anybody be interested in one and want to own one? I know I would. I think it would be a great adition to the VTX line. Opinions, comments.....

Man, the Valkyrie interstate is the best all around bike I've ever owned and if I had to get rid of all but one the Valkyrie would stay. However, I think it would be cool to have a VTX interstate. Bump up the motor a bit, hard bags that follow the lines of the bike, and a unique fairing with all the bells and whistles would really interest me. At this time I think there are only a few V-twin full touring bikes and two of those are harleys, the other is the victory Vision. I wouldn't mind too much having a road glide, don't care for the ultras, road a Victory and it is a greeeaat rider but the looks are hard to get by, a VTX full touring bike would have the good performance liek the Vic, and have a more traditional look like the Harleys without looking like a Harley.

Jack

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:31 PM »

One thing that kept me away from a valk was the 6 carbs.  I love the bike and can ride my father-in-laws anytime I want so that helps with my fix.
Chunk the llama.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal