Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How's everyone doing?  (Read 2108 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
How's everyone doing?
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:14 AM »

The board has been kinda slow lately so just posting out to see how everyone is doing.  I know the weather has been fantastic especially for a January so all you guys and gals are probably out riding.  I am here stuck at work on another great riding day.... >:( 

What's happening this weekend?  I am going for a short ride then to Old Town Spring for a Grand Opening of a Tattoo parlor and art gallery. 

I hope everyone is well. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: How's everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:44:06 AM »

Pretty good.  I've actually only ridden like twice in the last 30 days.  I know I know but I bought a new truck and have been driving that mofo everywhere. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:03:37 PM »

Wayne and I have been excessively busy but not in a fun way.  My dad is going to be moving in with us permanently mid February.  I have been spending most of my time in Houston trying to clean out his house and business while also visiting him in medical facilities.  I hope most of you get out and ride a ride with us in mind.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:12:03 PM »

As good as can be expected, wrist is in a cast so I can't twist a throttle or use a front brake. But still managing to coach a few classes.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »

Wayne and I have been excessively busy but not in a fun way.  My dad is going to be moving in with us permanently mid February.  I have been spending most of my time in Houston trying to clean out his house and business while also visiting him in medical facilities.  I hope most of you get out and ride a ride with us in mind.

Sorry to hear but at least your family is closer now.  Are you going to make BBT? 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:24:36 AM »

As good as can be expected, wrist is in a cast so I can't twist a throttle or use a front brake. But still managing to coach a few classes.

I am sure you can use your experience to make more of an impact with the students.  Even a highly trained professional can have an accident. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »

Wish you the best.  I can relate completely.  Libby's dad has been living with us for the past 2.5 years and we just sold his old house last year.  Libby has been on the bike once in the past few months.  Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Bandera.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »

Gary,  heal quickly...we need you as trail boss!  Chad is going to help me put Progressive fork springs on the 1800 as soon as I can find the time to ride out to Cumby.  In the mean time....work, work, work.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »

I've been busy with work, which is usually the case at the beginning of the year.  Been riding here and there, and I'm finishing gathering up some stuff I need to add on some doo-dads to the bike.   ;D

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »

All good in this kneck of the woods. Staying real busy with work and bought some land across and beside us. Cleaning fence row and making is nice and purdy. Have been riding about 3 times this year. Going to do some yearly maintenance  before I hit riding alot more. Put about  7,000 last year and looking on  putting more this year. See everyone soon!! 😆
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »

Got the bike checked out yesterday by Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited. He is a suspension guru and put the RaceTech front end in my Wing. He put it on the rack and checked all underneath it . Checked all the measurements and had 2 technicians take it for test rides. Other than the lower engine fairing and the fog lights , nothing. Minor stuff. They did all that for less than what I paid for breakfast. Patrick's the man. I feel  a lot better.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 08:55:28 PM »

Got the bike checked out yesterday by Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited. He is a suspension guru and put the RaceTech front end in my Wing. He put it on the rack and checked all underneath it . Checked all the measurements and had 2 technicians take it for test rides. Other than the lower engine fairing and the fog lights , nothing. Minor stuff. They did all that for less than what I paid for breakfast. Patrick's the man. I feel  a lot better.

Good news!!  :thumbup
Eat your Wheaties 
Heal up
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:18 AM »

You should be ready for the games at BBT...
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal