Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mass shooting  (Read 637 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Mass shooting
« on: June 12, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »

Obama speaking now and still will not call this Islamic terror  :cuss:
Again talks about guns and not the real problem :banghead:
We need leadership, real leadership now.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Mass shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 05:35:17 AM »

Don't worry Gumbo...Hillary's on the way!
SSSSSSSssssssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:02:07 AM »

SSSSSSSssssssssnake

She stands a good chance if someone doesn't face the real problem and gun control ain't it!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:48:32 AM »

Religion aside, this is just one of hundreds of cases in the USA where a nutjob got hold of a gun and murdered people.  While I am 100% for the second amendment and think that the people of America are the last defense against enemies foreign and domestic, we have to figure out how to get these guns out of the hands of the crazies.  Unfortunately, there is no way that has been proposed that could not be used by a corrupt politician to rid their opponents and supporters of their firearms.  It’s a shame that so many people have been killed by the use of firearms.  If you count the suicides (which are more than half of gun deaths) and criminal activity it’s off the chart.

The big question is, what do you do?  How can you stop this violence and not violate the law abiding citizen's right to own a firearm?  The caliber or type does not matter...the AR (ArmaLite Rifle) is not an assult weapon and is not fully automatic....and it's blamed incorrectly for a lot of mass shootings.  What is the solution?  

I hear conservatives say often..."if someone in the club would have had a gun this wouldn't have happened" which is total BS.  Just because you have a gun does not mean you wouldn't be the first shot.  It doesn't mean that you have a clear shot.  It doesn't mean you have the stones to aim and shoot at someone who is shooting back.  If I was in that club, my first reaction would have been to get out...not stay and try and get a clear shot.  

What is the solution?  How do we keep the crazies from getting hold of guns?  

While you are chewing on that, in 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes.

Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured (those figures exclude suicide).

You have a better chance of being shot than being killed by a drunk driver.  

WTF is wrong with people.  

BTW, I own 3 guns including a 9MM and an AR15 so I am against laws that would keep me from owning any type of weapon.

2013 Deaths:

Auto: 35,612
Overdose: 35,663
Non Gun: 24,936 - Suicide accounts for 19,974
Gun: 33,636 - Suicide accounts for 21,175

Out of 129,847 non-illness related deaths, 41,149 were suicide.  And the statistics prove that you don't need a gun to do that.

2013 Homicide:
Non Gun: 4,962
Gun: 12,177

You don't need a gun to kill someone, almost 5000 people in 2013 were killed by other means.  
Of 129,874 non-illness related deaths in 2013, 12,177 homicides where guns were used.  

What do these numbers mean?  I don't know.  In history people have killed other people.  You have shooters, suicide bombers, autohomicide, poison, blunt force, airplanes, knifes, fire, etc, etc.  Can we stop it?  NO...you can't stop it...you can merely use it for political gain which is what our politicians are doing now.

Would this world be safer without guns....absolutely.  If no guns existed on this planet it would be safer because one would have to work much harder to kill 50 victims.   Would it eliminate homicide?  Absolutely not...before guns there were arrows, before arrows swords, before swords...rocks, before rocks people just hit each other in the face until one of them stopped breathing.  

In France you cannot own a gun....and yet somehow 11 people were gunned down for making fun of muhummud.  

I don't know anymore.  

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 10:27:44 AM »

SSSSSSSssssssssnake

Should be on her way to prison :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »

Religion aside, this is just one of hundreds of cases in the USA where a nutjob got hold of a gun and murdered people.  While I am 100% for the second amendment and think that the people of America are the last defense against enemies foreign and domestic, we have to figure out how to get these guns out of the hands of the crazies.  Unfortunately, there is no way that has been proposed that could not be used by a corrupt politician to rid their opponents and supporters of their firearms.  It’s a shame that so many people have been killed by the use of firearms.  If you count the suicides (which are more than half of gun deaths) and criminal activity it’s off the chart.

The big question is, what do you do?  How can you stop this violence and not violate the law abiding citizen's right to own a firearm?  The caliber or type does not matter...the AR (ArmaLite Rifle) is not an assult weapon and is not fully automatic....and it's blamed incorrectly for a lot of mass shootings.  What is the solution?  

I hear conservatives say often..."if someone in the club would have had a gun this wouldn't have happened" which is total BS.  Just because you have a gun does not mean you wouldn't be the first shot.  It doesn't mean that you have a clear shot.  It doesn't mean you have the stones to aim and shoot at someone who is shooting back.  If I was in that club, my first reaction would have been to get out...not stay and try and get a clear shot.  

What is the solution?  How do we keep the crazies from getting hold of guns?  

While you are chewing on that, in 2014, 9,967 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes.

Some 13,286 people were killed in the US by firearms in 2015, according to the Gun Violence Archive, and 26,819 people were injured (those figures exclude suicide).

You have a better chance of being shot than being killed by a drunk driver.  

WTF is wrong with people.  

BTW, I own 3 guns including a 9MM and an AR15 so I am against laws that would keep me from owning any type of weapon.

2013 Deaths:

Auto: 35,612
Overdose: 35,663
Non Gun: 24,936 - Suicide accounts for 19,974
Gun: 33,636 - Suicide accounts for 21,175

Out of 129,847 non-illness related deaths, 41,149 were suicide.  And the statistics prove that you don't need a gun to do that.

2013 Homicide:
Non Gun: 4,962
Gun: 12,177

You don't need a gun to kill someone, almost 5000 people in 2013 were killed by other means.  
Of 129,874 non-illness related deaths in 2013, 12,177 homicides where guns were used.  

What do these numbers mean?  I don't know.  In history people have killed other people.  You have shooters, suicide bombers, autohomicide, poison, blunt force, airplanes, knifes, fire, etc, etc.  Can we stop it?  NO...you can't stop it...you can merely use it for political gain which is what our politicians are doing now.

Would this world be safer without guns....absolutely.  If no guns existed on this planet it would be safer because one would have to work much harder to kill 50 victims.   Would it eliminate homicide?  Absolutely not...before guns there were arrows, before arrows swords, before swords...rocks, before rocks people just hit each other in the face until one of them stopped breathing.  

In France you cannot own a gun....and yet somehow 11 people were gunned down for making fun of muhummud.  

I don't know anymore.  

"if someone in the club would have had a gun this wouldn't have happened" which is total BS.  Just because you have a gun does not mean you wouldn't be the first shot.  It doesn't mean that you have a clear shot.  It doesn't mean you have the stones to aim and shoot at someone who is shooting back.  If I was in that club, my first reaction would have been to get out...not stay and try and get a clear shot.  

Cause you just a sissy :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :t :t Just pulling your chain ;D

How much time did you spend on getting all these 2013/2014 stats  :laugh:
Your sooo funny!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal