Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Emergency Flashers  (Read 1483 times)

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
Emergency Flashers
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:34:17 AM »

I rode on Friday from Port Neches out to Austin for the weekend.  When the cool front game through, I was at the game.  Afterwards on I-35, I was running 55-60, about to be run over by all the cagers running 70-75.  Does anyone know where/how I can install flashers on the bike so that I can increase the visibility?  I had a wonderful day Sunday.  Left Austin, rode out through Dripping Springs, Wimberly, down to Gruene (made a stop at Bubba's Big Deck...very friendly people and what a view!) then on back home.  Put over 800 miles on the bike for the weekend (avg. 46.8 mpg!!!) all on a STOCK SEAT! >:(  Now, I just need to figure-out the most economical mod for that seat, as well.  Any suggestions?   I am thinking about trying the BadX mod...any input???
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
Re: Emergency Flashers
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »

I did mine.  Basicly cut out a butt pocket into the seat. That pleather on there is cheap!! I plan on recovering min because I tore the foam inbetween the pleather and the seat.  Anyway, just cut away at the foam and it looks good. finished product looks like the ultimate seat with the sharp vertical at the tailbone.  But when you put the covering on, it looks stock.  The material streches and shrinks with riding.

I also made it a little more narrow.  This makes it easier to touch the ground.

Max before was about 300 miles.  I'm not sure what the max is now because it don't hurt anymore.

Note: If you do it, have a shop-vac handy.

*Closet Darksider*

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »

The foam on the stock seat is definitely not the greatest. I pulled the cover off my seat (it's just stapled on) and took a die grinder with a 3M sanding disc and contoured it more to my skinny butt. I took it lower in the rear and back about 2 inches. (Kinda helps with my long legs) I'm glad I did the mod and it has helped but I have a set of Ultimate BigBoys on order (if they ever get here :P ) There's only so much you can do cheaply. :(

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »

If I would have known that was your bike at Bubba's yesterday I would have given you an aggie welcome.  The wife and I took a ride to Bandera for my birthday lunch(celebrated the 60th yesterday) and back and stopped off to have a soda before we headed home.

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:04:50 PM »

I had BadX do my seat, 1000% better, I sent it to him on Monday, he got it Thursday and shipped it back to me the following Monday, I received it that Thursday.  You can get message to him on the vtxoa.com. 
Good Luck :D

http://www.meancitycycles.com/
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:28:22 AM »

If I would have known that was your bike at Bubba's yesterday I would have given you an aggie welcome.  The wife and I took a ride to Bandera for my birthday lunch(celebrated the 60th yesterday) and back and stopped off to have a soda before we headed home.

Man, I hate that we didn't meet.  Quite a spot you all have there.  I confess my envy!  Definitely a majority to the Harley crowd, but friendly nonetheless.  I even had one guy ask what I did to make my FatBoy look so different! ;D  I will be making the Austin run again in a few weeks, just reference the UT schedule.  This weekend I will be caging it, as my wife will be making this trip and wants to do some shopping :(

On another note, am I to gather that I am the only one who wants flashers?  Or, has no one done this?
Ronald Reagan

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:24 AM »

Try this site www.wingthings-texas.com.  Click for VTX's,then page down to Kisan Technologies, then page down to SM-3 signal minder.  Works as timer to turn off your turn signals and if you press the turn signal three times acts as a flasher,looking at getting one myself to change the rear turn signals to running lights.  I have bought several things from this site and they give you pretty good service and the discounts are pretty good also. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:06:52 PM by Stormy »

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

Bump

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »

Have tried the link, but it does not seem to work.  Looked up Kisan on google.  $89 sound about right?
Ronald Reagan

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »

Sorry, had a s at the end of wing.  Should work now,might want to check out some of the other items they have.  Theirs is 99,but she give a discount on that.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal