Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I have decided.....  (Read 1595 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
I have decided.....
« on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »

I am retiring at 62.  I could work to 65 or 67 and get a bigger Social Security Check but those extra years could be the best ones so I am cashing in my chips in 13 years and going full time unemployed. 

Anyone here retire early?  Is 62 considered early? 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: I have decided.....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »

I am retiring at 62.  I could work to 65 or 67 and get a bigger Social Security Check but those extra years could be the best ones so I am cashing in my chips in 13 years and going full time unemployed. 

I'm going to retire before that.  I'm going off the grid, growing dreadlocks, and squatting when I poop.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »

I'm going to retire before that.  I'm going off the grid, growing dreadlocks, and squatting when I poop.

I am downsizing....but probably staying on the grid.  I need running water and a toilet.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »

and I'll be biting into a slim jim......OH YEAH!!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »

You can't do it. You will be too young for Medicare so you'll have to buy Obama care. Besides me and Gumbo gonna spend all of the Social Security money
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »

Got to have your insurance under control, is the wife going to keep working so you can get on hers? If so she will end up leaving you on the side of the road some place.  :pot:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:27:43 AM »

Got to have your insurance under control, is the wife going to keep working so you can get on hers? If so she will end up leaving you on the side of the road some place.  :pot:

By then who knows what the situation will be with healthcare.  I may decide to go Cobra until I have Medicare.  IT is something to think about.  Wife is retiring in a few years. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:38:14 AM »

Just don't get sick until you qualify for medicare.  Boom........mind blown!!! your welcome

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »

Just don't get sick until you qualify for medicare.  Boom........mind blown!!! your welcome

I'll just get a part time job at McDonalds.  I will make $25/hr by then with full benefits.  P
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:44:36 PM »

Wayne and I retired at 56 and 54.  You don't have to take SS just because you retire...you could wait until you are at their required age.  Just make sure you are out of debt and if you don't have some kind of pension coming in then go get a part time job at a bike shop or something else that you enjoy doing, to bring in beer/gas money.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »

Wayne and I retired at 56 and 54.  You don't have to take SS just because you retire...you could wait until you are at their required age.  Just make sure you are out of debt and if you don't have some kind of pension coming in then go get a part time job at a bike shop or something else that you enjoy doing, to bring in beer/gas money.

:thumbup:
55 is the magic number!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »

By 55 I will still be helping my daughter pay her student loans.  I won't be retiring that soon. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »

By 55 I will still be helping my daughter pay her student loans.  I won't be retiring that soon. 
That was my problem x 2. Then you get the privilege of paying for the weddings x2  :ohwow:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

That was my problem x 2. Then you get the privilege of paying for the weddings x2  :ohwow:

Yikes.  The wedding should be a fraction of the college and I only have 1 each to pay for.  We'll see...I am making it a goal now so will start working towards that.  If I end up having to work to 65 so be it.  I should have enough vacation to still do a few things I have been wanting to do by then.  
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »

That was my problem x 2. Then you get the privilege of paying for the weddings x2  :ohwow:

Yikes.  The wedding should be a fraction of the college and I only have 1 each to pay for.  We'll see...I am making it a goal now so will start working towards that.  If I end up having to work to 65 so be it.  I should have enough vacation to still do a few things I have been wanting to do by then.  

The wedding should be a fraction of the college  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal