Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?  (Read 19129 times)

Swampfox

Re: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2006, 12:03:49 AM »

I tired of being third.  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:49:38 AM by Swampfox »

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2006, 06:11:04 PM »

I was turned onto the xriders by one giant man in 2004 that used to pull up to his job every morning and lay down on those pipes every morning and just piss off everyone in the bank of the building he worked at, I was the building maintenance person there. Yep that was the Ricster......... I can not believe that is him  :o  great guy. Rode with him and the group from DFW to Blubonnet Thunder Rally 2005, great trip met many new friends there. Got very interested and helped coordinate the first X Riders Statewide Monthly Meet & Greet in Waco @ Buzzard Billys. I was told on the side after very much trying with everyone to get this going....... Just make the Location and set the Time & and they will show !!! And they did, around 70 bikes from around the state did....http://www.buzzardbillys.com/      Buzzard Billys Album  http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/Rallies_/Waco-2005/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 04:27:24 PM by GATOR »

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2006, 11:20:45 PM »

Good to hear from you Gator. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Swampfox

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »

Gator I must say it been nice not having you reply to my posting but all good thing come to a end.  So get you Gator talk going  :-*  And that a Swamp Joke I think!  Hey all LOL a side Welcome back I'm having to much fun good to here from you God Speed swampy sweep a peck of pickeled pepper seeds
 :D

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »

Another person came to mind and maybe not originator but played a very important role was I believe.....WCSmike. He used his website when the board went down near BBT II and also helped coordinate and let everyone use his credit card site for early registration O0. I believe he was from Desoto TX. After doing all that had something come up and could not attend the meet.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »

We had word from him I believe either right before or after the website got zapped around BBTIII. Don't remember why he hasn't been around, but it seems all was well.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »

Another person came to mind and maybe not originator but played a very important role was I believe.....WCSmike. He used his website when the board went down near BBT II and also helped coordinate and let everyone use his credit card site for early registration O0. I believe he was from Desoto TX. After doing all that had something come up and could not attend the meet.

Mikes screen name is "hobo"

This link should take you to his two post that he made back in Sept. 

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?action=profile;u=818;sa=showPosts

Bill

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 09:44:32 PM »

Hi all. Thanks for remembering me, (I was wcsmike).

After being away since BBTIII, I'm recently back and living at Cedar Creek Lake. I'm currently looking for employment in Dallas and slowly going through a long and drawn out divorce. I'll be moving back to the DFW area when I can find a job. Tonight my soon-to-be ex agreed to let me have my bike back so I had a couple of friends go and pick it up. It had been sitting up for 18 months and I knew that I would have to do some work on it

There is going to be more work than I thought. It's sad to see it in this condition, but I think I might be able to have it repaired and running before next spring, (sooner if I can find work). The damage is mostly things I can fix and swinging the hammer must have worn her out before she got to the tank, (thank goodness). Then she started cutting hoses and wires. Where she learned to dissassemble a motorcycle I'll never know. I guess the damage can be considered minimal when you consider what it could have been.

I've also promised Marigold, (I haven't forgotten), to re-create the Texas X Riders Assistance Directory when I get a computer built. It shouldn't be too much longer now, I've got most of the parts.

I'm looking forward to riding with a great bunch of people again.

Speaking of BBTIII, how was the pork, Dusty? ;D

Mike
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:18:22 AM by hobo »
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »

The assistance directory is in the gallery just as you last saw it Mike. Welcome back. Just be glad a hose wasn't the worst thing she cut through! :o
http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/album33/album71/assistance/VTX+Assistance+Directory.pdf.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:14:59 PM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

Dusty

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2006, 12:22:37 PM »

"Speaking of BBTIII, how was the pork, Dusty?

Mike"

Well Mike, The ground where we burried it for safe keeping apparently didn't stay as cool as we expected.  :(  When we dug it up to cook it for the rally, it had aged really well.   :-\ All in all once you got past the smell it was ok.  ::) Only about half of those in attendance got sick.  :D ;D :D

Bill

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »

Hi Mike, I was lookin forward to meeting ya, we talked a little when I registered with ya. I lived out near Desoto when you opened the waffle house many, many moons ago and probably had some mutual friends back then. The big D and I don't mean Dallas is always hell. Welcome back.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:57:40 PM by GATOR »

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 08:51:39 PM »

The big D is always hell, even if you're the main one wanting it!
     420! Yeah, baby!

minicop

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2006, 10:16:02 PM »

....................................then there was MINICOP.........anything previous doesnt count ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2006, 11:02:05 PM »

As one of the newest newbz here, thanks for shareing the history of TXriders  with me!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2007, 04:39:17 PM »

WOW!!!!!!!! I've been looking at old posts and I stumbled across this thread. This is some history, folks, and as often as we have lost the site(and a lot of great threads) due to hackers and other such nonsense, this thread needs to be immortalized. Great stuff here!
02 1800C
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal