Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?  (Read 19142 times)

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
Re: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »

what ever happened to ricster. tapper,pete,bdc was the first x riders i met.

Tapper is a multi millionaire from working on bikes, BDC still post but busy smoking stoggies, the other who gives a $!%@#^%#^% :)
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2006, 05:59:38 PM »

I saw a pic of him a while back and almost didn't recognise him. He looked good.

HHHHhhhmmmmmmmmmm ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

ataDude

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2006, 06:53:43 PM »

I'm not sure of when exactly the site was started, but the originator was WeedEater (Keith Blevins).  He slowly let Tapper take over the site at which point Tapper started to revamp it.  I saw Weedeater at the first ROT rally and that was when I found the site.  I saw him roll by me so I chased him down. O0  He already had TexasXRiders cards made up and was one of the few who owned an '02 Uranium Green.

Dunno what he's doing now.  Life started getting busy for him and I haven't seen him in quite a while.  Really nice guy.

Heh, heh.  He got his "weedeater" nickname from my small, mixed group when he was visiting with us and missed a turn and wound up in the weeds.... backwards.... didn't even turn it over.  Remarkable.    :o)

ataDude

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

I've been wracking my brain (a relatively effortless endeavor, I might add) to recall Keith's original handle before he was dubbed the Weedeater. Anybody remember what it was? And if any of you DFW guys see Jerry Chapman, tell him I said hi.

Hey, LT (or is it chief by now?).  How's it going! 

Guess you heard I don't have the X anymore.  Just the yellow Valk and a Titanium Goldwing. 

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2006, 08:34:43 PM »

Can't get rid of the F6C, huh? Mark told me you bought a Wang. I remember when you sold the X. Good to see you posting here; I hardly ever get on the VTXOA.
02 1800C

BDC

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2006, 09:46:13 PM »

I'm sure someone else knows more, but Ricster started his own webpage. Recently had major surgery and has lost a lot of wieght. I saw a pic of him a while back and almost didn't recognise him. He looked good.

The boy be pretty now, one of my best friends!
I saw him today, he wanted to make sure I'm alright.. The wife and I have been having trouble so he came by to check on me....

Love that man!! :-*

He even ragged me about having dust on the bike..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:49:09 PM by BDC »

Dusty

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2006, 03:40:13 AM »

Does anyone know when the VTXOA came into existance. Was there a Texas board before the VTXOA?

Dusty

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2006, 03:42:54 AM »

I'm sure someone else knows more, but Ricster started his own webpage. Recently had major surgery and has lost a lot of wieght. I saw a pic of him a while back and almost didn't recognise him. He looked good.

I saw him today, he wanted to make sure I'm alright.. The wife and I have been having trouble so he came by to check on me....

Dayum....He has really lost some weight. I would'nt have recognised him.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2006, 09:59:47 AM »

Wow...that's amazing.  I bet it feels like his bike gained 30hp.   O0 O0
Chunk the llama.

ataDude

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »

Can't get rid of the F6C, huh? Mark told me you bought a Wang. I remember when you sold the X. Good to see you posting here; I hardly ever get on the VTXOA.

Hey, Jim.  I already had a wang... bought a W_I_N_G  ;D ... after having an ST1300 also for a year and a half.  Just never could get comfortable on that thing although it would fly and carve the corners. 

I hardly ever get by VTXOA anymore, either.  Not the same crowd as it once was.   :'(

I'll get by here occasionally to to check up on you yahoos.   :P

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2006, 01:42:31 PM »

Does anyone know when the VTXOA came into existance. Was there a Texas board before the VTXOA?

Bill, The VTXOA was started before the Texas site. I think basically most of the state sites were off-shoots of the VTXOA. The VTXOA started in the late fall of 2001 if I remember right and the Texasxriders started around the first of '03 ?? The mind's a terribly easy thing to waste........  :-\
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:53:52 PM by evilashx »

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »

ha...that tech session is in the gallery here.  It was pretty freakin cold.  I'll find it.

Here it is..  http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/v/album12/TechSession/

COLD BRUTHA

I had a blast that day......The sweetest bunch of Motorcycle Guys I've ever met.  Thanks for the memories.......
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2006, 05:20:46 PM »

HOLY SHEET!   The bro der looks great O0
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2006, 07:52:23 PM »

You know right after I got my 1800Vtx I got to ride down to BBII and there was this BIG guy riding this VTX and mannnn looking at the picture of him now he is a totally half the man he is now is size. Yes Big Pro he is in Good shape!!  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

evilashx

• Old Timer
    • www.AccurateConstructionTexas.com
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2006, 10:13:21 PM »

What happened to the rest of him? Is there another one running around somewhere.... That's amazing. I bet he feels like a new man..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal