Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?  (Read 19116 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Who knows the history of the Texas X Riders?
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »

Damn, it seems like forever but, Birdman, (Gary Wright) ..

PM Birdman, he was one of the first to own a VTX in DFW..

There was another Me! Cool dude no doubt.

Or is it?  The Birdman returns!
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2016, 06:20:45 AM »

:congrats: that's a thread to remember Way to go my VP Scott again a real Big Thank You Again!  :c

Snake brung this one back. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2016, 07:37:14 AM »

I think it's the first time I've resurrected a thread from 9-10 years earlier! Just figured many might not find it that far back.
SSSSSSssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2016, 09:00:26 AM »

I think it's the first time I've resurrected a thread from 9-10 years earlier! Just figured many might not find it that far back.
SSSSSSssssnake

I go dumpster diving from time to time but never came across this one.  Good resurection. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2016, 11:37:53 AM »

Tapper and Weedeater were setting up a chat site - that was when I got involved.  Everyone wanted to put together a statewide meet and great.  that is how the rally got started.
I remember Tapper, Bigdaddy Cool, Weedeater, Big Nasty was at the first rally, German Pete.  I remember Snake and trying to remember some of the others but the mind is rusty.
Pete's wife and daughter were there.  I hooked up with Earl (paperpeddler) for the ride down.  I was originally signed on as Stumblebumb,  but was given an new nickname by another group I rode with after my first trip to Luckenbach.

Unfortunately I broke my leg the next year and set a precedence of only being able to make every other rally.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:03:52 PM by hangman »

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »

I was on the board early as well then moved to Dallas and low and behold the first person I met was BDC. We went on a boreing ride where the leader was getting lost so we broke off and went back to Strokers and slammed down a few cold ones. We used to have a large group of VTX 'ers that met on Tuesdays at Strokers. We owned the place on Tuesday nights!

Damn, I miss my bros in Dallas :'(

I know Keith showed at the first or second Bluebonnet?

I remember that ride (or one exactly like it) - didn't know how to operate his GPS - or something - so much for German engineering. . . .

Does anyone remember a guy named Pegleg?  I was on a ride with him the first time I met Tapper face to face but never saw him again.  Tapper organized the ride but could not take part for some reason. 

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »

Yeah Hangman, that was the first chat thing I ever had been involved with when we were trying to get the first BBT set up. I remember it was hard to stay on without getting bumped off. Met a lot of good folk at that rally, over a hundred, BBtII we had about 119 or so.Lots of us gave money ahead so we could prepay Gail the thousand dollars for the Armadillo campground for that first weekend, along with use of the stage. WOW thirteen years ago.
SSSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

hangman

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

Yeah Hangman, that was the first chat thing I ever had been involved with when we were trying to get the first BBT set up. I remember it was hard to stay on without getting bumped off. Met a lot of good folk at that rally, over a hundred, BBtII we had about 119 or so.Lots of us gave money ahead so we could prepay Gail the thousand dollars for the Armadillo campground for that first weekend, along with use of the stage. WOW thirteen years ago.
SSSSSSsssssnake

First chat thing I was ever involved in also - and I was a little nervous about it.  You can run into a lot of strange people - FutureXbrotherinlaw for example.  Still have that guy hanging around.
but he'll do anything for you.   A lot like Chad only shorter with less hair.

When I broke my leg FX drove all the way to Mena AR to pick me up and bring me home after a full days work (and didn't laugh once - at least not where I could hear).  I know a several on this board that would do that but in general - not a lot of people would put themselves out that much (even for family)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:43:43 PM by hangman »

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Also FutureXbrotherinlaw
tells really bad jokes and I don't!!  
This site is part of my life you might say. Have met some of the
Greatest people that you have friendships that stand the test
of time.
I remember Tapper use to do maintenance on VTXs called.his
Summer Special. Go over to his house and hang around while
he worked on your bike. He would get his wife at that time lol
to stop by McDonalds and pick up lunch.
I learned after one time I could do what he did and save
$$. Great guy and learned a lot.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:44:52 PM by Chad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »

Hey Bill glad to see you still kicking.  I have a new 40th anniversary Gold Wing.  This bike rides like a magic carpet.  How are things with you.  Let me hear from you some time.

Regards Earl

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Hey Bill glad to see you still kicking.  I have a new 40th anniversary Gold Wing.  This bike rides like a magic carpet.  How are things with you.  Let me hear from you some time.

Regards Earl

Old new post. Hope Dusty is well to
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2016, 10:25:49 AM »

German Pete and the Proton4, now that's a memory from the past.

I joined prolly in late '03, early '04, after moving back to Texas, and riding a time or two with Duc and Kerry. Duc complained that there was no one in CenTex to ride with,a nd for awhile, he was wrong. Met some good people here, RD, SgtStever, Kenny, BigA, Wayne Cason, Jeremy and Jennifer Crews, Tommy Bibbs, Rick Miller, Quick-Silver, and a few others. Bike nights in Austin were fun with that group while they lasted, but that was only a couple of years, before everyone moved on to different bikes and interests. Sorry that some have passed, like Pete and Jeff from Georgia.

Sincerely,
"Day Pass" Jeff
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

DEMON

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2016, 07:26:52 AM »

Interesting how time changes things,  glad to see the board is still going, hope the new blood don't fade away like some of the old blood did.   :c

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »

Interesting how time changes things,  glad to see the board is still going, hope the new blood don't fade away like some of the old blood did.   :c

I'll be here until they figure out I don't have a VTX.  I have been keeping it a secret....so far so good. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2016, 05:17:48 PM »

I'll be here until they figure out I don't have a VTX.  I have been keeping it a secret....so far so good. 

Me too, I ride that new model, The VTX Goldwing
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal