Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about the Lone Star Rally  (Read 1373 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Question about the Lone Star Rally
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:03:17 AM »

So. here is the deal.  I will be riding up to the rally Saturday morning and expect to be there around 9-10am and want to hang out, shop, see bikes etc for a few hours then ride back.  Anyone who has experience at this Rally, I need some help figuring out how to spend my time.  I am looking for the following:

• Somewhere to see bikes, events
  • Somewhere to park that does not require miles of walking to get to said event
  • suggestions on what events to attend
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Re: Question about the Lone Star Rally
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »

To add (and this might seem counter culture) but I am not interested in seeing strippers on their day off or old ladys showing saggy boobs.  I just want to go, enjoy and then go home with a meal thrown in there somewhere.  Cars, bikes, bike stuff....thats what I am interested in.  I don't need to see local bands, I have that here. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »

To add (and this might seem counter culture) but I am not interested in seeing strippers on their day off or old ladys showing saggy boobs.  I just want to go, enjoy and then go home with a meal thrown in there somewhere.  Cars, bikes, bike stuff....thats what I am interested in.  I don't need to see local bands, I have that here. 

not interested in seeing strippers on their day off or old ladys showing saggy boobs.
Don't go cause you can't not help but see strippers on their day off and old saggy boobs  :t :t :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »

What he ^ said!!!   :stickpoke:

The Strand between 19th st & 25th st is where the majority of the vendors are.  Also are a bunch of places to eat.  To actually ride your bike thru and park within that area is about $10.00 per bike.  There is plenty of parking to be found around and out of that section and is still close to vendors, food, music, saggy boobs and day-off stripper. 

The Seawall between 21st & 24th will usually also have vendors and a stage setup for music.  Little food unless you hit a local restaurant nearby. 

These are the two hotspots on the Island for biker fun. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »

I disagree with Gumbo...you should go even tho your goal is not to see just boobs.  Yes, you will see the boobs and all, but there is still plenty of other stuff to go and see.

And Rocket, I must admit that it is refreshing to run across a guy who want to go for the bikes...not the boobs.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »

The last boobs we saw at the LSR looked like hanging baskets lol but I give the women an A for trying.
Alvin,Texas

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:20:27 PM »

[And Rocket, I must admit that it is refreshing to run across a guy who want to go for the bikes...not the boobs.
[/quote]

yeah once you've seen one,         you  pretty much              want to see all the rest of 'em! >:D    Bikes that is!! right!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »

zipit Luuuckly Robert Wayne will get dow up there sooner than love of man  :lunch:

mrjones

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

As said above, the main action is on The Strand.  Vendors are set up on the numbered side streets from about 19 through 25th streets, and across Harborside Drive.  Your best bet for parking is to drive down Broadway all the way to about 14th street or so, turn left and go down to the Strand.  Start looking for a place to park on one of the side streets and walk up from there.  The earlier you get there the better.  IMO, it's not worth it to pay the money to ride down the Strand.  It's supposed to be a parking fee, but you AIN'T gonna find a spot to park in there.  Once you're parked, you can walk around and see the sights.  There will be plenty of bikes to look at, but you really shouldn't discount the boobs!  During the day it's pretty family friendly.  More boobs come out at night.  Where are you coming from?

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »

As said above, the main action is on The Strand.  Vendors are set up on the numbered side streets from about 19 through 25th streets, and across Harborside Drive.  Your best bet for parking is to drive down Broadway all the way to about 14th street or so, turn left and go down to the Strand.  Start looking for a place to park on one of the side streets and walk up from there.  The earlier you get there the better.  IMO, it's not worth it to pay the money to ride down the Strand.  It's supposed to be a parking fee, but you AIN'T gonna find a spot to park in there.  Once you're parked, you can walk around and see the sights.  There will be plenty of bikes to look at, but you really shouldn't discount the boobs!  During the day it's pretty family friendly.  More boobs come out at night.  Where are you coming from?

We'll be coming from Conroe/Spring area.  The route has us meeting at 242/I45. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »

The last boobs we saw at the LSR looked like hanging baskets lol but I give the women an A for trying.

People in my office were just wondering what the heck happened to me after I read this one.   :notworthy:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »

I disagree with Gumbo...you should go even tho your goal is not to see just boobs.  Yes, you will see the boobs and all, but there is still plenty of other stuff to go and see.

And Rocket, I must admit that it is refreshing to run across a guy who want to go for the bikes...not the boobs.

I am more of a hands-on kinda guy.   O0
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal