Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bells  (Read 1272 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Bells
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »

So, I was at Renegade Classics last night trying on boots and bought a bell for my brother.  Back in 2006 I bought one for him but the Harley dealer broke it off the bike somehow and it was never found.  Who rides with the Gremlin Catchers? 

The one I got looks like upside down flames in chrome, kinda like a ghost but not really.  Just bell shaped flames in chrome.  I can't find a picture but it looks cool. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Bells
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »

Voo Doo I get, Gremlins, I aint buying it.  ::)

I've seen more than a few bikes layed over with them bells hanging  :t Gremlin not sceart at all >:D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »

Yeah, I ride with my bell all the time. Keeps the bike running smooth. Doesn't do a DAMMED thing for the idiot behind the handlebars.  :banghead:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »

It's just one of them things. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

I have never ridden with a bell on. I have thought about it from time to time but never got one so...  I just keep an eye out for the gremlins :what:
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »

I've had Bells for a long, long time and weather the legend is true (for believers) or not, "Ole Blue" won't leave home without it. Me, and I'm sure most of us have had, real close calls and for some reason came out without a scratch. You sit back and wonder just how in the hell did I get outa that one?
Drew - you can't go out and buy one for yourself, somebody has to give it to you for the charm to work. OK, I'm a believer, firm believer.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:17:13 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »

Voo Doo I get, Gremlins, I aint buying it.  ::)

I've seen more than a few bikes layed over with them bells hanging  :t Gremlin not sceart at all >:D

Hoping no bad comes your way brother but -----
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:33 AM »

I have bells ringing my head does that count?
Alvin,Texas

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 12:36:10 PM »

Drew - you can't go out and buy one for yourself, somebody has to give it to you for the charm to work.

Correct - and I never got one.  Back in 2008 when I got back from Iraq someone from VTXOA said they would send one out but I never got it.   :idontknow: Oh well
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

Drew - you can't go out and buy one for yourself, somebody has to give it to you for the charm to work.

Correct - and I never got one.  Back in 2008 when I got back from Iraq someone from VTXOA said they would send one out but I never got it.   :idontknow: Oh well

If I recall they were doing a pay it forward thing and sending bells right ???
I never got mine either, so I guess I'll continue to depend on myself to keep me safe.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 02:55:59 PM »

Don't believe in superstition...wish karma was a real thing though, Some people need a good dose.

SSSSssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »

I got them too. Plus my Gremlin bell. A friend bought a new M109 a few years ago. I bought him a bell for Luck and he poo pooed it. He didn't put it on. A week later he wrecked and broke a shoulder. He has had bad luck with the bike ever since. Tempt fate if you want. Me , I got a bell and won't throw my leg over a Green Bike.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »

I got them too. Plus my Gremlin bell. A friend bought a new M109 a few years ago. I bought him a bell for Luck and he poo pooed it. He didn't put it on. A week later he wrecked and broke a shoulder. He has had bad luck with the bike ever since. Tempt fate if you want. Me , I got a bell and won't throw my leg over a Green Bike.

I almost got a M109R....I love the way those things look.  I didn't know they were prone to crashing....I'll stick with my VTX. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »

Don't believe in superstition...wish karma was a real thing though, Some people need a good dose.

SSSSssssnake

I am pretty sure Karma is real, I've seen it at work for years. You get what you give  :c

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »

Yeah, I ride with my bell all the time. Keeps the bike running smooth. Doesn't do a DAMMED thing for the idiot behind the handlebars.  :banghead:

I've heard it attracts pedestrians............ :stickpoke:
02 1800C
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal