Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you remember when you first got your VTX?  (Read 2071 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Do you remember when you first got your VTX?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »

Summer of 2002, don't recall the exact month. Bought the second 1300 they got in stock at Trimble's, in Austin, MN. At the time, they were the 3rd oldest Honda dealer in the country, they are now the second. Broke the riding in the rain cherry immediately, as it rained nonstop for the 100+ miles back to the casa, in the Twin Cities. 65 degrees that day, and I was pretty close to hypothermia when I pulled it into the garage. Nowhere but up after that. Sold it to a guy here in Austin, TX a few years back, to get the Feejer. He took it up to Boston for a couple of years, and is back in Austin with it. I rode with him once last year, and he is still very happy with the bike.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »

Aug 8th, 2008....bought it from a guy in Kyle, TX.  Wife wouldn't ride with him and he decided to sell and buy a jeep!  Almost 3K on it and now pushing 50K.  I had to wait for a month before I could get on it, couldn't take the MC class until 9-7...just sat and looked at it and started ordering "stuff" for it! Much different then the day I brought it home....lots of $$ added! 

If memory serves me right, I think Lucky had something to do with my purchase!  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:32:34 PM by MsVTX1300 »
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »

If memory serves me right, I think Lucky had something to do with my purchase!  :thumbup:

Yep, convinced you get off the back of your (then) boyfriend's bike and ride your own.  No regrets HUH?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »

Aug 8th, 2008....bought it from a guy in Kyle, TX.  Wife wouldn't ride with him and he decided to sell and buy a jeep!  Almost 3K on it and now pushing 50K.  I had to wait for a month before I could get on it, couldn't take the MC class until 9-7...just sat and looked at it and started ordering "stuff" for it! Much different then the day I brought it home....lots of $$ added! 

Cool....
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »

I had recently gone through a divorce and decided I wanted a bike as a reward, so I had narrowed it down to the VTX and a Kawasaki Vulcan.  I fell in love with the orange 1300C that was on Honda's site, so I went looking for one here in Houston.  No one had one in stock, so I had to wait about 2 weeks for Northwest Honda to get one from an out-of-state dealer.  First (and only) street bike bought new on 12/03/03, and I'm now over 100K miles on it...and maybe close to that in customization costs, too.   ;D

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »

:threadjack:FIRST WATER COOLED SUzuki 750 Orange  :threadjack: Long time ago 75 or later  :violin:

Xlr8

• Tejano
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 01:15:35 AM »

I will neve forget the day I got her and the day she left.  My story was similar to Jason's.  Had just gotten separated and was headed for a divorce and had been without a motorcycle for about 10 months.  I had been drooling over the 1300 Retro ever since they had came out.  I wanted an Orange one and they stopped making Orange in the Retro after 03.  Stopped into Gene's Motorsports in Mont Belvieu.  Saw the pretty Candy Red one on the show room floor.  That was Dec. 31st 2003.  I picked her up about 10 am on Friday morning January 2nd 2004.  What an awesome ride home and I enjoyed every mile I put on her.
She left on Jan 2, 2009.  I almost was able to get her back recently but the deal fell through.  I will still try and hopefully succeed one day.
Well it's time to either get busy livin, or get busy dyin....Andy Dufresne- Shawshank Redemption

Don't be afraid of failing at something that matters, be afraid of succeeding at something that doesn't matter.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2013, 09:08:24 AM »

During the fire sale of 2004. On my way to HD to buy a new Sportster. Cash in my pocket. Stopped by Al Lamb's to check out the VTX a friend had told me about. Took a little test ride on a 2003 model with no miles on it and came back, bought it and rode it home the long way. Today it has 117,779 miles on it. All mine  :thumbup:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »

My son had just announced to my wife and I he was enlisting into the Army.  He didn't want to waste my money.  His words.  So as my wife and I are lying in bed staring at the ceiling at 3 in the morning...I say.."Well, I might as well get that motorcycle now."  She responded.."Go for it".  I had 10 bikes to look at by sunrise.  Decided on my 1300R with 7100 miles.  The guy had a boat, a plane, big truck, had a 6 handicap in golf...didn't have time for the bike.  Gave me everything...bags, luggage, jacket..for $5,750.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

"Well, I might as well get that motorcycle now."  She responded.."Go for it".  

:rofl:

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal