Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do you remember when you first got your VTX?  (Read 2072 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Do you remember when you first got your VTX?
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »

I was out in the garage trying to find anything to do to my bike last night.  My bushings should be in this week and I can get those replaced.  I have a complete tool kit assembled and packed in the side bag (right one), I have my travel bag mounted to the back rack, I have the speakers rewired and working perfect, I have the blinkers working like they are supposed to, the tank is full, tire patch kit is in the mail.....

I can't wait until November 2nd.   :looney:

-Scott
2019 FLHXS

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Do you remember when you first got your VTX?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:37:44 AM »

Yep.  I do remember.  September of 2007.  Had 2 miles on it when I picked it up from Wild West Honda and 35,000 when I traded it in.  I wonder where my old Neo is now.  I'd be tempted in buying it back if I could find it. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »

January 4th 2008 - Georgetown Honda - 0.02 miles - Flippin' freezing outside but I just didn't care at the time

Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:50 AM »

November 2002. I watched as they uncrated it. What a day!

SSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »

the very first time i rode my vtx, after years of riding standard bikes, my first encounter with forward controls as i took off from the dealer had me going WTF for about 1 second as I relearned where to put my feet :)

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »

May 2012. I bought this one very well used but it already had all kinds of upgrades also. Had 60100 on the clock and now has over 66000. I had just got my license back in March and had been riding a 2004 Suzuki Savage 650. I remember thinking "Man, this bike is big & heavy". I still think it's heavy. LOL
As long as it's not freezing cold or raining, I'm riding; unless there's a reason I have to drive my truck. Got so many years to make up for.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:54:53 AM by BobWd »

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »

Remember it I do.

2007 Wild West Honda looked at several and sat on mine and bought it on the spot. First time I had ridden in over 20 years, but It's a lot like roller skating, fell right back into it and yes falling back into it literally.
Left show room with 2 miles and currently at 58K and some change.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »

I remember thinking "Man, this bike is big & heavy". I still think it's heavy. LOL

Yep, it's definitely heavy.  I went from a FZ6 to a bicycle to this.  I still ride the bicycle.   :bikerider:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:01 PM »

Fall of 2004 from Wild West Honda looks a little different now though
Alvin,Texas

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »

Wild West Honda
Wild West Honda
Wild West Honda

I see a common thread here.  Must be a good place to shop!
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »

June of 2004 from a private owner in Katy, with 13000 miles on it, stole it from a buddy of mine, his wife did not want him riding it any more because of their kids being to young. Sunk plenty of dough into it and sold it recently, somedays I wish I would not have sold it but it went to great person that had a great need for it.

:couch:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

mrjones

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »

Got mine in August 3 years ago from an individual down in Alvin.  I was very happy with the deal I got on it.  He was ready to sell because he had a daughter headed to A&M for his first semester.  I thought it was strange that he said that this 1800F was his first bike.  Not really a beginner's bike.  He bought it when the gas prices went stupid in 05 and commuted to work on it.  He even said he rode it to a temporary assignment in CA for a while, with no windshield, and he said he rode it straight through.  Unbelievable.  The bike was in great shape except for tires.  The tires were so bad that I hauled it home on the trailer and hauled it up to Stubbs in Houston to get tires put on it before I rode it.

My brother is bringing his 1800R down for the Lone Star Rally early, and we're going to spend some time cleaning and polishing the old girls for the Galveston black leather beauty pageant and noise fest.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »

My brother is bringing his 1800R down for the Lone Star Rally early, and we're going to spend some time cleaning and polishing the old girls for the Galveston black leather beauty pageant and noise fest.

:needpics:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

vtxsimon

• Tejano
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »

Alamo Cycleplex  Sept 2007 .  2006  1300C used  had 54 miles on it when I rode it home . 87 miles to Uvalde didn't think I would make it. Stock seat was so bad , first mod - Mustang Seats before first week was over .
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »

March 2007, A friends Son in Law worked at Honda of Houston.   It was an 03 with 120 miles on it. A little guy bought it and didn't ride it. turned it back to H of H for the payoff after paying on it for 3 years.I rode it to BBT that year when it was at Luckenbach where I first met the Texas X riders.Made some good friends and been hanging with this bunch of knuckleheads ever since. I rode it for almost 50,000 miles. Taught both of my Sons in Law to ride on it. Sold it to one of them last year and now it has well over 65,000 on the clock.
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal