Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knock, clunk, tick...not sure how to describe this  (Read 2810 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Knock, clunk, tick...not sure how to describe this
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »

Now if it isva kida loud rattle noise it could be coming from the light bucket
All the wires ijside the bucket have hard plastic connectors that bang against the inside
that could be your sound when you hit a bump. Thin piece of foam solves the prob.
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »

Now if it isva kida loud rattle noise it could be coming from the light bucket
All the wires ijside the bucket have hard plastic connectors that bang against the inside
that could be your sound when you hit a bump. Thin piece of foam solves the prob.

If the bushes don't fix it I will be looking for anything.  It is more of a knock though, luckily there are no rattles except when I don't secure the jack for the speakers, it rattles on the tank. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 07:27:32 AM »

Thanks for all the help, I orderd the green ones and should have them replaced very soon.  The problem was not earth shattering but very annoying so I am glad that there are people who already have been through this to save me time troubleshooting. 

Awesome! 

O0
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 08:08:03 AM »

They are real easy to swap out.  I used a couple of sockets and a c-clamp to "Press" out the old ones and "press" in the new ones.  I think it took me longer to put the new shocks on than it did to change the bushings. 

Also, do you usually do your own maintenance work?  If so, you should look into a motorcycle jack (I have the yellow sears jack, but a lot of people use the harbor freight jack) and a "PepsX" Stand.  The PepsX stand is made for the VTX and for me has been a huge help when I have to work on my bike. 

Good Luck,

Drew

Motorcycle Jack here

PepsX Stand Here
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »

They are real easy to swap out.  I used a couple of sockets and a c-clamp to "Press" out the old ones and "press" in the new ones.  I think it took me longer to put the new shocks on than it did to change the bushings. 

Also, do you usually do your own maintenance work?  If so, you should look into a motorcycle jack (I have the yellow sears jack, but a lot of people use the harbor freight jack) and a "PepsX" Stand.  The PepsX stand is made for the VTX and for me has been a huge help when I have to work on my bike. 

Good Luck,

Drew

Motorcycle Jack here

PepsX Stand Here

My brother has a jack (ATV Jack I bought him years ago) and I always need a good excuse to ride out to his house in Magnolia.  And yes, we wrench on anything and everything. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal