Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 2850 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
New to the Forum
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »

Hey, coming over from VTXCafe recruited by Drewboy22.  I have been a long time poster in different forums so not really a newbie, just new to the VTX scene.  I used to have a FZ6 for a while and decided to sell it to get a cruiser....5 years later I finally have a cruiser.  Luckily there was one close to me for sale with extremely low miles on it and 3 oil changes in under 5000 miles.  It's been garage kept and well maintained and best of all, the previous owner was selling it for only $6K.  So, I am a cruiser now! 

About me, live and work in Spring Texas just south of the Woodlands, been riding for a long time off and on but still don't consider myself any kind of expert, just trying to pay attention and stay out of the grill of any other vehicle.  As a former sport bike rider I tend to lean a bit on the turns so my floorboards already have some nice scraping on them.  I am trying to be better but when you sit in the seat and let this bike do it's thing it does corner pretty nicely.  My kids are grown for the most part so I do have plenty of time to ride on the weekends and sometimes after work.  I love it this time of year too...very nice outside.  My wife does ride with me but is not comfortable yet so we just ride around the neighborhoods for the most part.  She has yet to be on a 4+ hour ride...for that matter she is yet to be on a 20+minute ride but she is working on it.  Baby Steps!! 

About my ride, I have a 2006 Honda VTX Retro with the Spec 3 package, black/maroon.  The previous owner was nice enough to install GPS (will be selling shortly), Kuryakyn speakers and Triple Light Mod, Power Commander, Vance & Hines pipes, air horn, bags, Ultimate X seats with backs (both), Kuryakyn Travel Bag and brand new Metzlers.  The bike was services (all fluids) about 300 miles before I picked it up.  He has been keeping the tank filled with good gas and stabil so it's running excellent.  I don't think I will need fuel stabilizer for a long while.  Just getting back into riding and can't wait to get on it and go....anywhere. 

I am trying to plan a trip to Laconia for 2014 as well.  I plan on trailering up to Georgia and riding from there.  Who knows if that will pan out. 

That is about it.....glad to be here and looking forward to meeting some of you soon.   
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »

Glad you made it over!  This is a good group of people.  I am in San Antonio, but there are lots of people here in Houston and they ride quite often.  Check out the Calendar, I believe they have meet and greets every Wednesday.  In fact there is one tomorrow http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=17162.0.

Again, Glad you showed up,

Drew

Psst..  I am glad you pick a bike with the best and fastest colors on it too.  What ever you do, DO NOT drink the Orange Kool-aid.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:44:48 PM by Drewboy22 »
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »

Welcome the Forum and great first post.   Sure does sound like you got a heck of a deal.  Look forward to meeting you one day. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »

Psst..  I am glad you pick a bike with the best and fastest colors on it too.  What ever you do, DO NOT drink the Orange Kool-aid.

I almost bought an orange one.....LOL.  There was one on Craigslist for $4600 which I believe was a steal but I liked the one I found much better, more stuff included and much less miles on it. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

Welcome to the group.   :c :thumbup:
Chunk the llama.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 03:45:19 PM »

Welcome to the TexX site.
Nice X!! :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »

Welcome from down the road in Cypress. Comon out and lets ride!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »

welcome to the board
From Spring myself, let's make a ride to meet and great :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

welcome to the board
From Spring myself, let's make a ride to meet and great :bikerider:

I was thinking about going to the meet tomorrow, not sure if I can but that burger place is about 20 miles from my house.  Nothing but Boudreaux and Telge to ride on.
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »

20 miles that is only a warm up ride.

:bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

Welcome to the board

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 07:49:14 AM »

20 miles that is only a warm up ride.

:bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

Welcome to the board

Since I have been riding I have not done too many long rides, I am going to try and fix that soon.  I was planning on a ride with my brother this weekend but remembered I have a family reunion to go to....   

:violin:
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 03:10:10 PM »

Welcome from the northeast corner. Watchout for Gumbo...and beware of his "enema speak", even with wine it sounds spooky! :o At the rate you're already posting, you'll overtake our highest post count rider in about a year! He has only been here since 2009, but has overtaken all the oldtimers, lol. He knows who he is.....GUMBO!!!
SSSSSSSsssnake
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:11:58 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »

Welcome from south of H-Town.  We are usually at the M&G but this week I am ultra overwhelmed with other responsibilities.  Look forward to meeting you sometime soon.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »

Don't be hatin' on orange...not all of y'all kids can be cool!   ;D  And it's never too late for another viewing of Pamela.  Welcome from Magnolia...we've got all the nice roads out this way!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 10:16:21 PM »

:agree:
Snake this one is worth watching :ohwow:

I will bring u a disposable enema to the next meet up, u will change ur mind on the subject  :Dj
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal