Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Operating Budget  (Read 8244 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Operating Budget
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »

Me
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2013, 11:27:03 PM »

So, I repeat the question...who is the new board?

The position is listed next to the names:  http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=ID_GROUP;start=0

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »

So, I repeat the question...who is the new board?

The position is listed next to the names:  http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=ID_GROUP;start=0

I think she was wanting to know more about who the NEW ones were.  I myself would also like to know who is new on the board as well.  I know of a few of us but I don't know who all the old players are.
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »

there will always need to be funds available for the events that require a fee to keep someone from personally having to spend their money.  Example: Mr. Pres. decides to reserve spot A for $500. tells everyone it will be $20 per person to attend. 15 people total show up. do the math=$300. does this mean that Mr. Pres. shells out the other $200. I have been heavily involved with these events for the last 4 years. i can tell you with certainty that this situation has and will come up again. you will always need funds available or somebody is going to get stuck with a big bill. this is one reason why the funds are almost gone, when the cost stays the same for the events but participation drops off you have nothing in the end. putting these things on is not cheap and it takes a lot from those involved, both time and money. I do wish the new Pres. and BOD good luck.

I'm just putting this out there for those involved to think about. 

Totally agree, Jeremy. Most people here will piss and moan about "where did the money go?", which to me, is pretty cheap. I've known all four of the Presidents, (RD, Brock, Randy, and now Paul, let me know if I forgot anyone), and every one of them has impressed me as straight up guys, who wouldn't think of pissing away the group's money. Yet, the conversations always center around needing to know where your damn $10 went to. I'd be pissed if I was one of those guys, and had my honesty called into question.

And if you don't want dues, be prepared to keep that begging plate out, and listening to the same old, "How much is it?" and "I'll get right to it, it must have slipped my mind..." AppleSauce that always comes up when it's time to pony up some cash.
:thumbup:  :agree:

I don’t think this thread is about where the money went or pissing and moaning; we understand that these events cost money. The reason we only had 48.00 bucks (doing much better now) is as stated by so many, participation has dropped, and therefore cost of the event goes in the minus section.
I look at it as, this is where we are, how do we get more participation for these events.
Post the cost to member’s only section on the place we select, and if we make it great, if not we can always be a riding group without events.
Events are great and I have had some great times at our events, but the real goal is to have a board where rides can be set up and information can be exchanged.
 :c :c

:agree: Thanks for explaining it so well Larry. :t
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »

I'm not new, but I'm going to hang in there and do what I can.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »

So what are you saying? Is you is, or is you ain't on the board? If you are then, good, if not then you can still play Cruise Director, I don't know anybody else that could handle that position as well as you. Your the only one, that no matter where we are, you know the direction, mileage, and time it takes to get to another bar.  :c :c That's why I like being tail gunner when you lead, I know where we're going!   :c :c

:agree: 

Thanks again for your support Gumbo!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »

So what are you saying? Is you is, or is you ain't on the board? If you are then, good, if not then you can still play Cruise Director, I don't know anybody else that could handle that position as well as you. Your the only one, that no matter where we are, you know the direction, mileage, and time it takes to get to another bar.  :c :c That's why I like being tail gunner when you lead, I know where we're going!   :c :c

:agree: 

Thanks again for your support Gumbo!

Always there for you brother.  :c :c :c
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2013, 12:29:49 AM »

The Fords don't do much riding anymore but we will try to be there with donations.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal